“Gary is the best!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I first met Gary 20+ years ago at his old restaurant Ocean City.
When he was seating us he asked our names and he never forgot.
All restaurant owners/managers should take lessons on how to be successful!
The food is always great!
Walnut Shrimp and General Tao's is always a must!
Don't forget the pot stickers!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Visited with 5 family members and even though it was close to closing time, we were greeted with wonderful hospitality and never felt rushed.
We ordered a variety of items, including some recommendations from the owner.
Food had a beautiful presentation and the quality and quantity was perfect. The freshness in the flavors really came out.
Look forward to visiting again when in the area.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Asian Star was very good with superior service. We had Kung Pao and Sesame Chicken. Both were seasoned just right. The waitress was very attentive, checking in on us often. We're big fans of Asian Star and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Went with friends. Everyone enjoyed the selections. All comments positive, especially that the sesame beef wasn't tough and chewy. Only complaint was that it was difficult to get waitress's attention to tell her we wanted brown rice. Servers were great about keeping water glasses full

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My family went here for dinner. The service was horrible. In fact, we were trying to order drinks and the waitress felt like my son was taking too long and said "too late" and tried to walk off. Then, as we were trying to order she was in such a hurry that we couldn't even ask questions. However, the worst part came with the bill. I paid and made the whole bill 80.00 which was not a 15% tip due to the horrible service we received. After reconciling my bank account 2 days later I realized that they have increased the tip to 15%. I called them and after speaking with a manager they don't me that I had to speak with the owner who would be in later that night. I left my information and the waiter we had called back. She said that my ticket I signed was "lost" so they automatically put on a 15% tip when this occurs and they only change it if the customer calls to complain. I was livid and told her what poor customer service this was. After 5 minutes and after giving her my credit card for a refund, she says to me "ok so you are coming in for lunch and I will hold off on crediting you this back." I was furious and said no you will credit me back immediately. I am still waiting for my refund. Will not be back. They are scamming people.