“A pleasant surprise but plan for extra time when it is busy.”

Red Corner China Diner
Ranked #75 of 150 Restaurants in Midvale
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We really enjoyed our meal at Red Corner. The food was fresh. The staff was friendly but they really were short staffed which created a delay for us for some other plans later that evening. The busier they proceeded to get through the night, the more challenges they faced getting meals out and staying on top of refills, etc. They also forgot one of our appetizers and still charged us for it after delivering it when we reminded them. I'll definitely go back because the food was good but I do hope they have more employees on the floor.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Ordered online. Appetizer, 3 entrees (had company over!), soup. Only edible was the cream cheese wonton, but without the sweet and sour sauce, as it was some kind of weird sticky substance, like a cross between ketchup and honey, not a real sweet and sour sauce. Tried each entree, found the beef and broccoli, chicken moo goo gai pan and 'lemon chicken' were all terrible tasting, with mystery meat tenderized artificially throughout. Lemon chicken was soggy, the outer coating, supposed to be crunchy, was greasy and overburdened by what was supposed to be lemon sauce, but tasted nothing like a lemon. Worst part was, we paid $4 delivery charge and $6 tip, and took delivery at the door. Then found out how awful it tasted. So I returned the entire package (didn't even try the wonton soup, left it wrapped up in plastic) the next day and tried to get a refund or some other consideration. Told no returns on delivery. Only if dining in the restaurant, then you could return what you didn't like. Seems they know that a delivery does not need the attention to freshness and flavor since customers are stuck with what they take at the door. So no refund or credit for another try. When leaving, dissatisfied by management, I picked up the bag, then realized I didn't want to take any of it back, so I left the entire bag on the counter as I departed. I hope the other patrons in the restaurant got the idea of the lack of customer satisfaction and how the restaurant deals with it. Stick with Dragon Diner. Food is so much better and reliable. I am wondering why there are no negative reports here on Tripadvisor, and the few positives are months ago, and far between each. I think they eliminate negative reviews somehow as I saw many negatives on GrubHub where I searched for this order. If I could give a rating of zero or minus 1, I would.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank RichandStell H
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We loved our waiter! Ordered moo shu pork, walnut chicken, sesame chicken, lo mein beef. Everything tasted really good. I especially love the moo shu and walnut. We would go again

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

They have a great menu and tasty options for those who cannot handle spicy dishes. Loved the Thai Cashew Chicken!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We've gone here since they opened. The service has not always been that good and the food has been okay, but not great.

HOWEVER, our last visit was a total change. First, the service was prompt, courteous, and friendly. The soft-spoken waiter was very attentive. Second, the food seemed to be the best we've ever had there. In fact, one of our party noted that the Moo Goo Guy Pan was the best she'd ever had. All of our dishes had fresh veggies, cooked perfectly (not to oblivion), served hot and with a smile by a very nice girl.

We hadn't been there for a while, due to the mediocre service and food. It's changed. One wonders if there was a change in ownership or management.

In any event, if you like Chinese food, give this place a try.

Date of visit: February 2017