“Bland and disappointing”

Rice King Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 150 Restaurants in Midvale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Wow ever had a craving for some good Chinese food? If so, don't go here. Everything (3) dishes, all lacked flavor. What a disappointment.

Reviewed 16 September 2006

Just received a delivered order from this restaurant.
Ordered chicken chow mein, egg roll, barbecued spare ribs, pork wonton soup, shrimp with vegetables.
The barbecued spare ribs consisted of a big hunk of boiled fatty meat on a bone. No seasoning, no barbecue sauce, no sauce at all. Egg roll was actually what is normally considered a very greasy spring roll; the wontons were dissolved in the soup. The cookies were unwrapped (when was the last time anyone gave out an unwrapped,unsanitary fortune cookie? $25.00 and change. Gave a $4 tip for delivery. Called to inquire if this was the normal type of spare rib & egg roll (in particular). Was told yes, that's what spare ribs are. I described it and she asked, "Were you expecting American food?" I allowed that I have been eating Chinese American take out for 45 years all across the U.S. and this was a first. She told me I just had different taste buds, etc. I asked what I had paid for the "ribs", as I've never received a delivered order from any restaurant without a menu/receipt. She told me that if I"d wanted one, I should have asked for a receipt. Getting nowhere, I explained to her, as politely as I could muster, that I just would not ever again be ordering food from the "Rice King",as there are plenty of other Chinese take out places in SLC. My husband called back to get the name of the owner and had to pry it out of the person who answered. Yuk. Wish I had known a person could post photos on this site, as I would love to have given the readers a look at what they should expect, if they were to order from this place.

1  Thank gulfgirl5495