“Great visit”

SeaQuest Utah
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Layton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in a world of discovery as SeaQuest takes you on an adventure through rainforests, deserts and the depths of the seas. With exciting exhibits and activities for families and children of all ages, you’ll be able to get wet with the stingrays, feed the toucans, encounter the caimans, marvel at the sharks, take selfies with the snakes and more.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I bought an annual pass some time ago and I have enjoyed taking my grandchildren for one on one visits to the aquarium. It is just the right size for a nice afternoon letting each child determine the pace and areas of interest. I always enjoy the Doctor Fish and so do the children. Some love having the birds land on their arms and some don’t. But aside from the interesting exhibits, the animal whisperers are the BEST part. They are wonderful! Every single one that I have encountered is kind, patient, friendly and knowledgeable. I wish I could remember each of their names, but tonight Mateo met us at the octopus encounter and taught us some very interesting things! He was awesome and we really appreciated his time and expertise. If you have an hour, visit the aquarium, but don’t be surprised if it turns into two or three hours as you return to your favorite exhibits and have opportunity to learn from the whisperers!

2  Thank Marjalee S
Audra S, Manager at SeaQuest Utah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad you have had a blast on each visit and that Mateo was able to make this one special. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

All reviews
"your feet"
"manta rays"
"blown away"
in 2 reviews
"the living planet aquarium"
"small children"
"an amazing experience"
in 2 reviews
"loved feeding the birds"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went for the first and last time today. I am very concerned for the wellbeing of the animals. All of the tanks were filthy and there were not enough workers to supervise. I saw kids all over the large tortoise ( touching it's feet and trying to grab it's head, one child sat on it). I asked the kids politely to stop, but they did not listen. I tried to find a worker, but there were none around the surrounding area. I finally was able to find a worker in another exhibit of the aquarium, they didn’t seem concerned. No one was supervising the iguana exhibit either, luckily everyone seemed respectful towards the iguanas while we were in the exhibit. Kids were literally grabbing the stingrays and trying to grab the sharks and again, no workers around. Yes, my son had fun, but the animals were not. I was skeptical of this idea to begin with, and now I know it’s a bad idea. Please don’t support this place! Go to the aquarium in Draper where the animals are respected and the staff is informed and care about the safety and health of their beautiful creatures. SeaQuest is awful and I will spread the word as much as I can.

3  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

April and Madison were fantastic.
We had so much fun learning about, and interacting with all the different animals.
Thank you again. We can’t wait to go back.

2  Thank Mindy H

Thanks for the review! We're glad you had fun on your visit and that Madison and April were able to make it even better. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My husband and I were in town and my sister recommended this aquarium. I was surprised when I found out that it was in a mall, but it was still quite nice. We loved the bird exhibit and would go again if we were in town. The employees were kind and patient. Nikki was exceptionally friendly and went above and beyond in making sure we had a memorable experience. I gave 4 stars because we would have loved to go into the iguana experience but we couldn't tell what time someone would be available to do that. More signs for things like that would have been appreciated.

1  Thank Debra W

We strive to ensure our guests have a 5 star experience every visit! We encourage you to come back and ask for one of our team members who are trained on educational tours to help our guests learn more about the vast diversity of species in our exhibits. Also, we expect many more signs will be added within the next month. Please feel free to email us at utahadmin@seaquestaquairums.com with any further questions or comments.