All reviews light dinner cookies manager's reception great place to stay the staff was great i highly recommend this hotel complimentary breakfast breakfast bar would stay here again hill afb shopping and restaurants fitness center after a long day great room easy access yogurt clean hotel
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Not sure what the issue was but this was the loudest / noisiest hotel we've ever been in. The noise wasn't Through the walls but from the room above. We heard every step and toilet flush when they got up in the morning. We asked for another room but they were booked full. Rooms were nice and they were clean but being woken up every morning on someone else's schedule was a pain.

Trip type: Travelled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your most recent stay with the Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, UT. I apologize that this stay was not up to the standards that we pride ourselves on. I would like to make amends for this experience by issuing a free night stay at our property to give us another chance to impress you. Please reach out to Kerrie King (801) 775-8800.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I stayed at this Hampton en route home from a southwest vacation. The hotel was very crowded due to a regional high school event the following day. Regardless, Maile at the front desk handled our later arrival with a smile coupled with a quick, typically professional Hampton greeting.

The room was typical Hampton-large, immaculately clean and looking as if it may have been recently updated. The bed was Hampton comfort and offered an excellent night's sleep from the road.

Our breakfast the following morning was cookie cutter Hampton-plenty of choices ranging from hot to fruit and cold cereal. We were a bit later than the rush from the high school students but still found all the options well stocked.

This lodging is located just west of the very busy interstate but was far enough away to isolate the road noise. Restaurant and retail options are very close to the hotel.

I've had the occasion to stay in eight or ten Hampton Inns around the western United States over the last ten years or so. I've only been disappointed on one occasion. I'd tell the Hampton management-your staff is very well trained to deliver excellent customer service and your facilities offer an excellent night's stay for a reasonable price. That's the combination for returning customers-including me.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff! Our mission is to "impress guest” and I’m very happy we succeeded! Our staff works very hard to impress every guest and it is very rewarding to them when a guest acknowledges their efforts. Again thank you for your response!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I love this place, the staff is the best ever. It's the only place I'll stay when I'm in Layton. Shontay and Megan are awesome. No matter what issues you throw at them they always come through. The Young lady working (Shi'Ayr) the counter when I checked in was supper helpful and very nice. Keri has done a fabulous job managing this place and it shows. The rooms are modern and super clean. Thanks Housekeeping, great job (Torie)!! I must not forget Pam, her cookies and her smile makes everyone around her happy!! Can't ask for a better place to stay!!! Dave T.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Shontay is the ONLY reason I’m writing this review. She and Pam had such great care for customer satisfaction. Jaiden was mediocre at best but provided good conversation...jk. He was awesome too! Overall, this is easily accessible from I-15, near a movie theater and a local restaurant that sells craft beers, and has complimentary breakfast AND evening snacks. Amazing place! I plan on staying here every time in the area. Thanks Pam, Shontay, and Jaiden for everything!

Date of stay: February 2018
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I had such a great stay at this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The person at the front desk was very helpful. I was able to park right next to my room which was nice. I felt very safe at this hotel. It was a great stay.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and service and it is very rewarding when we get comments like this. Again, thank you and we look forward to impressing every guest who tries us out!