All reviews washer dryer big fridge quiet area deer moab arches wifi unit parks porch sleeping
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We rented the lodge and three cabins for a family reunion. We stayed for three nights and cooked all our meals at the lodge. The kitchen was equipped with all the pots and pans and cooking utensils you need. The cabins were also well equipped and stand alone. We enjoyed our stay. It is located miles from stores or conveniences so take what you need. It is much cooler than down in Moab as it is at about 7700 feet elevation. The accommodations are rustic but comfortable. My only real complaint was since we had so many people the water system was inadequate to handle us all. It would come on and off which was not so good while showering. Also, there could have been a few more towels available or they should advise people to bring some of their own towels. The wifi did work reasonably well, no cell phone coverage. The owners live onsite.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank tba57
Reviewed 8 May 2015

Poor Surroundings with stacks of pallets and old vehicles all around. Limit on number of rolls of toilet paper that can be used....seriously, how cheap can you get! Arrived and doors were locked on 2 of 3 rooms in the cabin and no one was around to resolve it. No cell phone service within 30 minutes and the main house (what they call a lodge) having the only phone was a major inconvenient. If you want the backyard experience, have at it but it was a total let down!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank SarahRenea
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I found these cabins listed as Canyonlands lodging and I assumed that it meant they were close to Arches and Canyonlands when in fact they are not. They are some 30 odd miles from either one with NOTHING within 14+ miles of the inn .. no gas, no restaurant, no cellphone service. To add to the confusion there is some difference between those who stay at the Inn and those who stay at the cabins... in the cabins you are on your own, at the inn you can have breakfast and dinner and some interaction with the owners .... while I was there I saw several cars and maybe 2 people from afar ..very isolated and not at all inclusive ... I admire the owners work providing sanctuary and I love animals but at the cabins there was never anyone around for the opportunity to interact with the animals .. if you want your alone time in the wilderness I recommend the cabins, if you want to volunteer at the sanctuary I recommend this place ..if you want to visit Canyonlands NP and Arches, try HARD to stay in Moab.

Room Tip: any room is good if you want to volunteer at the sanctuary or just have some down time .. if you want hiking, rafting, offroading, etc....stay in Moab
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aztecos
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We rented one of the cabins so that we could have a relaxing place to stay between activities in Moab. This Lodge is 34 miles from South Moab and an average 45 min commute. La Sal is a very small farming community with no services for tourists. We regretted that the activities were so far away and it would have been nicer to stay closer to Moab with restaurants, shopping and goings on. This location would be good in the heat of the Moab summer as it is at a considerably higher altitude and is cooler. The property is a working ranch where they take in dogs, cats and horses. It is a peaceful place.

Room Tip: Stay in the lodge, it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vailaspen
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I started staying at Mt. Peale Inn a couple of years ago while helping some friends work on their house a mile away. I keep coming back because of the healing quiet peacefulness of the place. It is near the base of the La Sal Mountains with easy access to the La Sal Mountain Pass road taking you up into cool mountain meadows with aspen, ponderosa and spruce trees abounding. The lodge and cabins are clean and well laid out. You can even rent the whole lodge! Next year I plan on bringing the whole gang up for a family reunion. It's about 45 minutes back down the road to Moab and Arches National Park, but it's about 20 degrees cooler most of the summer for better sleeping at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends