All reviews camp host shower area in town within walking distance fifth wheel nice hosts take great pride beautiful park pink sand dunes local attractions free wifi easy access hot water stayed nights would stay again grand canyon southern utah
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I've stayed here a couple of times and decided it was time to leave them a review (on a roll tonight, reviewing places I've enjoyed). I've stayed twice now in their little cabins, each time in the winter, and they were quite comfy. No frills, just adequate, with a comfy bed, functioning heater, and quiet. The park bathroom is small, but it works just fine for what it needs to do. Good value in Kanab for a place to stay. Thanks! :-)

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank CRbound54
Reviewed 23 April 2016

I contemplated writing this review and I wasn't going to, but after thinking it over I thought it necessary. I reserved a cabin at Hitch N Post for 4 nights and upon arrival I was shown to a very nice cabin. The lady was wonderful and all went well until the third night. It's a very small cozy park and there are 2 cabins very close to each other. 4 young people were given the cabin next to mine and the "fun" began around 1:45 am. Heavy drinking and first harmonica playing, (repetitive song) and the foul loud language and laughing. 3AM... 2 young men imitating heavy metal voices and singing along with more harmonica playing , cursing and loud laughing. I was very uncomfortable, traveling alone and in order to use the restroom I had to pass their cabin. Finally at 4AM I could wait no longer and stormed to the bathroom and back. They finally went inside their cabin after 4AM. Next morning I had an appointment at 8 am at the Animal sanctuary and decided since I had been up since 1:45 to just pack up and find another place that evening. (The porch next door was littered with 2 cases of empty beer cans and bottles which I noticed when packing ) I waited awhile and no one was in the office so I left a note and the keys. I later spoke to the lady about the incident and she was very apologetic, said they don't rent to locals usually and she didn't know why the lady had rented to them. ( the car plate was Tennessee). I was given the option of coming back because they had left, but I did not feel comfortable after that incident. I asked for my last nights refund back as I did not feel safe there and she said there is a sign in the office that they don't give refunds and I should have came and got her that night. I was afraid to go to the restroom, how was I going to find someone at 2 AM? There is also signs and a brochure that states quiet hours are from 10pm-8 am. Those were not adhered to, and it's not my job to wander around in the middle of the night looking for a park manager to stop partiers. I just wanted my last nights money refunded as it was through no fault of mine that I felt uncomfortable after that fiasco. I hate writing negative reports, but this one I feel is warranted.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristen P
Reviewed 8 April 2016

The Hitch-N-Post RV Park is a great place to stay while you visit the many surrounding tourist attractions. It is clean and has free wi-fi, tv, and pull through spaces. The owners are so gracious and helpful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I spend 5 nights in a cabin in this campground. The owners are just lovely. They help with everything you need. I was worried to be cold inside the cabin, but they have blankets if yoy need and there is a heater inside the cabin. The bathrooms are clean all the time. If I com back to Kanab I will stay again!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2016

This place is no frills (which we like) and the managers are very friendly. A supermarket, take away shop and laundromat are across the road. The restrooms are old but the shower was super warm. The wifi was really great. Best wifi on our month long road trip!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple