All reviews bowl of cereal handicapped room budget hotel the main highway big room room rate pool and hot tub two queen beds laundry zion
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I'm sorry it's taken so long to write my review, as my stay was March 16-18. I'd stayed here a year before under different (negative experience) ownership, and yet thought the value was so good compared to everything else in Kanab... that I'd stay again. And when I got there, I was so glad to see the new ownership... friendly people and helpful.

At first I'd requested an accessible room, but realized it was one of the larger, older-furnished end rooms that I had seen last year and didn't want after all... and requested a change, which Del (I think), the friendly manager, okayed very kindly. He gave me the smaller (I think most are like this room) but more updated room that had 2 queen beds, a table and chairs, good lighting, a good microwave and good small fridge, flat screen TV and plenty of stations. It was quiet and clean and comfortable and I surely would stay here again. Last year there was a party in one of the rooms, so that was noisy... but it was quiet all three nights I stayed this year.

I didn't eat much breakfast that was provided (I had my own with me) just coffee, bread and jelly... but honestly the rate was so much better than most other motels, that one shouldn't complain about anything!!!

And because of a threatened snowstorm (we got at least 6 inches in Kanab), I had to cancel another stay in the mountains... and was able to stay a third night at the Rodeway without any problem. The heater was old but worked okay considering the weather!!!

So, I would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Look at it first!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This hotel needs major work and upgrades. The room was clean but the furniture is old and needs replacing . The table in our room was broken, the manager could not fix it and removed it from the room. He brought us another table but that was pretty bad as well. The dresser had pieces of the wood missing. The air conditioning units need to be updated, it did not cool the room quickly. Towel racks need to be replaced and the bath towels were small. Only one available electric outlet to try and charge devices and it was by the sink. The pool needs slip resistant strips at the bottom . We found it difficult to enter the pool without slipping. Much of the pool furniture was broken. Considering this a prime vacation spot for the Zion/Bryce area, the hotel needs updating badly!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Room was adequate and we were glad to have our dog with us. The young man at the desk was very friendly and knowledgeable. The little refrigerator was broken. The pool and spa were dirty. And the spa didn’t work. Bed linens clean but old, felt like flannel and in a three day stay they were never changed. Little shampoo bottle was empty when we arrived and was never replaced until our last day. They skimped on towels and washcloths; standard practice in American hotels is 4 sets for a room with two double beds. We had two sets, enough for two ladies, but an extra face cloth would have been welcome. “That is not how we do things.” It just did not seem to add up to what we would consider Rodeway Inn quality.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chalkdustkate
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The room was a decent size with 2 queen beds so we were able to spread our luggage out. Good parking. Low road noise. Breakfast was quite acceptable and adequate especially when one considers that this is not some high priced downtown main city hotel.
The lighting was bright but some ceiling lights would have helped.
Very price competitive and we would be happy to stay again.
Conveniently located with respect to Zion having left via the tunnel route, and a good starting point for Bryce the next day.
But we wouldn't go back to the Chinese restaurant we went to but that unsatisfactory experience was nothing to do with the motel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was pleasantly surprised to find a room this good for the price. They have free breakfast in the morning. The room has a TV, Microwave,Mini-Fridge and Hair dryer. The staff is really nice. All in all this a good hotel in the lower price range.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good inexpensive hotel, go for this one
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple