“Do not stay here!!!!”
Review of Hanksville Inn

Hanksville Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanksville
Reviewed 3 April 2017

This place looked sketchy from the outside but it only got worse. They charged me 2200.00 dollars then voided it and charged 22,000...finally I said we will get cash to pay and hightailed it out of there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2016

This place is run down, smells of pet urine and chemicals attempting to disguise smells. I felt like I needed to keep my shoes on at all times rather than walk on floor with socks or barefoot. There was something on the bed when we arrived that looked like someone had drilled a hole in the wall and left the drill particles behind when they were done, and yes, there were two holes above the bed that we filled with toilet paper. It is just a creepy place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016

we travelled through Nevada, Arizona and Utah, and stayed there because we got tired of driving. The owner of this Motel had birthday, and the advertisement on the sign showed it. That is why we chose it and did not continue to drive to another location. It was clean, very simple, but the price was just not adequate for the style, value and location. It was worth half of the asking price, but due to lack of competition, we accepted it.

Room Tip: If you are in the boonies, just accept what is offered due to lack of choice. but it was still reco...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I came in very late at night after a canyon backpacking trip. I was tired and very stiff and needed a good night's sleep. Alas, the place up the road (Whispering Pines or whatever it's called was full.

So I ended up here. I could have used a good firm mattress, but the one on my queen bed should have been retired a few years ago. I was so stiff I could hardly lie down, and the worn-out mattress didn't help, but I made the best of it by getting in the middle, between the two saggy sides.

Room was just a little dirty (won't go into details) but the shower worked. The volume of hot water seems to depend a bit on what is happening in the other rooms, so expect minor surprises as taps get turned on and off. I didn't need to use the air conditioner. I assume it worked.

The kicker, as everyone else is saying, is that it's overpriced for what it is. But then, it's in a fairly remote location, close to a national park, so there's a limited market coupled with high demand.

I hesitate to write a critical review, because the people that run the place are so darn nice. They might seem a little rough around the edges, but they're good Utah country folks and they were kind and welcoming to this tired guy late on a desert night.

So, yeah, if you have to, it's a tolerable place to stay, barely. But if I have the choice, I'll try the place up the road next time.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe_Photon
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Not worth the time or money! Have walked inside the rooms two different times and refused to stay. The rooms while they appear clear are musty and smell of mold or something. While the outer appearance isn't too bad the overall feel of this motel is creepy!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Been to Hanksville Inn? Share your experiences!