See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2016

we travelled through Nevada, Arizona and Utah, and stayed there because we got tired of driving. The owner of this Motel had birthday, and the advertisement on the sign showed it. That is why we chose it and did not continue to drive to another location. It was clean, very simple, but the price was just not adequate for the style, value and location. It was worth half of the asking price, but due to lack of competition, we accepted it.

Room Tip: If you are in the boonies, just accept what is offered due to lack of choice. but it was still recommendable.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I came in very late at night after a canyon backpacking trip. I was tired and very stiff and needed a good night's sleep. Alas, the place up the road (Whispering Pines or whatever it's called was full.

So I ended up here. I could have used a good firm mattress, but the one on my queen bed should have been retired a few years ago. I was so stiff I could hardly lie down, and the worn-out mattress didn't help, but I made the best of it by getting in the middle, between the two saggy sides.

Room was just a little dirty (won't go into details) but the shower worked. The volume of hot water seems to depend a bit on what is happening in the other rooms, so expect minor surprises as taps get turned on and off. I didn't need to use the air conditioner. I assume it worked.

The kicker, as everyone else is saying, is that it's overpriced for what it is. But then, it's in a fairly remote location, close to a national park, so there's a limited market coupled with high demand.

I hesitate to write a critical review, because the people that run the place are so darn nice. They might seem a little rough around the edges, but they're good Utah country folks and they were kind and welcoming to this tired guy late on a desert night.

So, yeah, if you have to, it's a tolerable place to stay, barely. But if I have the choice, I'll try the place up the road next time.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe_Photon
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Not worth the time or money! Have walked inside the rooms two different times and refused to stay. The rooms while they appear clear are musty and smell of mold or something. While the outer appearance isn't too bad the overall feel of this motel is creepy!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Needing a stop over between Brice Canyon and the Grand Canyon, this fitted the bill perfectly. Nice welcome when we got there, though the rooms look fairly shabby from the outside they are spotless on the inside. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've had during this holiday. They are very basic (no hairdryers ladies), but had a fridge and microwave. Although the website mentions wifi in each room, in reality it doesn't reach the rooms and we had to sit outside to get a connection. The website also mentions that you got 10% dis for eating at the Dukes Grill across the road. However this wasn't mentioned when we booked in and only realised after we'd come back to the room.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Saw this motel online and thought would be a neat place to stop. The pictures online must have been taken when it first opened. This was the most rundown motel I have ever seen. We would NEVER have stayed here, but the other hotels in the area were booked, so we had to. We were on motorcycles, if you are on one and see this motel keep riding!!!!!!!!! I cant believe I have to rate it, and the only reason I am is because they need one to submit this!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends