“Good Thai? more like Chinese”
Review of Cafe Trang

Cafe Trang
Ranked #46 of 159 Restaurants in Draper
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We got the General Taos Chicken and Ginger Beef. Both were good - just a little different from what we usually get. Good flavor, but smaller portions for Chinese food. Also more expensive for the ambiance. Great views in the back room.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Took grandkids to dinner! From the minute we walked in the “hostess” never welcomed us or even spoke to us. Waiter was also non-communicable! Food was average, & expensive!!! We eat out regularly, and this tops the list for “never again”!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

ordered seafood and their were only two small cocktail shrimp, the sauce was just reduced soy sauce no sweetener or anything absolutely disgusting complained to the server was just told "ingredients it is to expensive" so avoid this place bad food bad service.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We stopped at Cafe Trang on a Sunday for dinner. I appreciated the gluten free offerings on the menu--there are lots of items! However, they do not have a dedicated fryer, so if you're sensitive, forgo anything deep fried. For starters, we chose the spring rolls. My husband ordered gluten free as well so we could share two dishes. We opted for the Chicken Lemongrass & Red Pepper a stir-fried dish with hot chilies and citrus lemongrass (flavorful and not hot) along with the Vietnamese Ginger Chicken with slice ginger, black pepper and fish sauce. I would call the dishes flavorful, not super spicy. I enjoyed the spice combination as I wanted something that day a little milder. (Some people may like more spice). The service was adequate--I believe they had a small crew for that day and our server also fielded phone calls for take out. I liked that our server pointed out traditional/best items and also differentiated between what was considered "popular" items. I think sometimes with so many menu items, it dilutes the offering and you end up with some so-so items. Overall, I thought the food we sampled tasty and pretty much on par for this type of establishment.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We went here with friends who often order the lunch specials. We were not impressed with either the food or the atmosphere. The place needs not only an updating but some basic repairs, There was worn and damaged areas throughout the restaurant. I didn't think it was too clean either. I ordered the chicken curry and it was OK but not very flavorful. The restaurant is located in a strip mall.

Date of visit: June 2016