“Very good food, corkage is beyond stupid.”

Cafe Charleston & Shops
Ranked #23 of 158 Restaurants in Draper
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Very good food and service. Kitchen is a little slow, due to size of the place. The chef is a wonderful person and comes out to greet you. Nice tablecloth service and good attention to detail. The corkage is just stupid at $20.00 per bottle. I will say their wine list is quite reasonable. Good place to dine in a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Ok, I’ve read some of the other reviews and I think I should mention a couple of things. First, be aware of the area where you elect to sit. Second, this in my opinion is a restaurant for those who wish to savor the delights of Chef Marco and his unique take on those culinary delights that one likes to enjoy. For those adventurous folks that means price is not an issue. Don’t get me wrong, if I pay ‘x’ amount for a ribeye steak and it doesn’t come out as ordered then I will mention it. Right, so what did Chef Marco’s lunch menu entice us with today. We started with the Artichoke soufflé with crostini. The artichokes tender, with carmelized onion were off the charts. We went though the crostini quickly and were offered more from our waitress Victoria. I had the Roasted Salmon and Quinoa Nicoise. The salad was large and had many different flavors to keep your tastebuds dancing. From the lemon caper vinaigrette to the perfectly blanched hericot vert this salad was very satisfying. My wife opted for the vegetable panini with a good variety of veggies on it. Eggplant, fresh steak tomato, mushrooms, and zucchini. The fresh made focaccia bread was nice and crunchy. We think there may have been an aioli on it but not certain. We will ask next time. Our server Victoria was attentive and was well versed on the menu. The finishing touch was the passion fruit cake for which words cannot do it justice. I will leave you guessing at this phenomenal wonder and just how amazing it was on the palate. This was a great visit for us and look forward to experiencing dinner on another day.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had to wait over 20minutes for waitress to come to our table to take our lunch order.
The food was very good. We will try it again for dinner and hope that the service is better.

On the other hand a table next to us of 4 women stayed for more than an hour after paying their check and weren’t rushed out.

They have a great outdoor setting under a huge tree.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

6/16/2018 I was so disappointed in my experience at Charleston Draper! We were enjoying their outdoor dining when I discovered the chair I was sitting in had mulberries on the seat. I unfortunately had on new, white pants! The server initially reacted as if I had spilled food on myself...then quickly realized no one at the table had berries in their food.
I waited til the end of the meal to see if someone would say something about what had happened. I thought mgmt should be aware and I finally went to talk with the host. He said he would inform the owner/chef. I observed the host talking with the waitress and then the owner.
I was not expecting a free meal...only an acknowledgment and apology....I got neither. I was so surprised and disappointed that in leaving the restaurant we walked right by the waitress, host and owner without any of them saying a word to me.
Such an incredible lack of concern for customer satisfaction and care!
Not to mention....failure to do the right thing!!

1  Thank feelliketravelingon
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The building that houses the restaurant seems to be what might be considered a "historical" building and they take great advantage of that look. They also have an outdoor dining area with tables spaced nicely under the canopy of very large old trees and the setting works well and is surprisingly quiet for being on a rather busy street. The menu for food and wine is small and as for the food could be enhanced with some specials. The quality of the food and presentation are excellent. The only comment we had was the fish stew needed a "stand out" ingredient be it a spice or definitive flavor to kick up a somewhat bland sauce. It should also be served with a grilled bread to be able to absorb the sauce.
Service is relaxed, prices are fine and its great to have an owner operated restaurant in this area of fast food/chain establishments.