Amangiri
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Big Water)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 206
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 234/night.

Sleep Inn & Suites(Page)(Great Value!)
USD 235
USD 273
Travelocity
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 338/night.

USD 275
Hyatt.com
USD 148
USD 134
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 207/night.

USD 240
USD 217
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus at Lake Powell(Page)(Great Value!)
USD 316
USD 240
All reviewsaman resortsmesa viewlake powelldesert viewantelope canyonsheer beautygreat lakesbroken arrowprivate poolslot canyonhorseshoe bendtour of the propertynatural landscapesurrounding desertremote locationrock climbingamazing resort
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Prepare time to find it, Amangiri is lost in the depth of a Utah canyon, not advertised, just secluded, so well secluded and totally immersed in the unreal beauty of the commanding nature that surrounds it.

Whilst you immediately feel the seclusion, there is a warmth in the modern and contemporary design of the building itself, with its numerous fireplaces, its wide open areas, and mostly with the immediate friendship and sincerity with which the people welcome you in the enchanting Amangiri experience.

The rooms are fully equipped yet they look completely empty at first sight. The minimalist ambiance at first easily gets fulfilling when you get comfortable in the rooms, enjoy your private pool (very well heated), watch an gigantic amount of stars at night on a surreal black sky (with the hotel telescope in your room, you can see numerous planets).

The food is very good both at lunch and dinner. The breakfast were somewhat cold, they should cover up the toasts and lattes a bit more :-) but that is about the only tiny little thing we can say if we truly search for finding a negative. Everything about this property was simply fabulous.

Andrew the manager is like your best friend, wants everything to be perfect and knows how to blend in and keep a distance so your experience does belong to you. He was perfect. And for the activities, even if the place just opened, they are top notch for anybody that loves nature activities. If you like hiking or horseback riding, you will love Amangiri. If you simply want to relax and unwind in a spectacular, remote and secluded resort, read books and magazines, get away from everything, you will also get all you want there.

If you go for any activities, ask for Yermo, he is so passioned about the region and canyons he will bring you right into it and you will discover so much and so profoundly. When we left, we simply could not avoid the 2 hour detour he suggested to us to see a very scenic overlook of the whole Zion Park, the valleys and canyons that connect to it up to the Grand Canyon. You need to drive up to the Kolob Reservoir to get there, not easy to find but our smiles on the picture we took up there were worth alone the trip to Amangiri!

1  Thank BonVoyageFamily
Reviewed 23 November 2010

My husband and I just returned from a few nights at the Amangiri, our first Aman experience. We drove in through the gates as a car was exiting, so our arrival was not announced ('a test', my husband joked), but we were warmly welcomed by a number of friendly staff, given spicy chai tea, and whisked away on a tour of the gorgeous property. The architects discreetly positioned each of the buildings with views in mind, and everywhere one looks there's a breath-taking vista, purposely framed by a window or an opening between buildings. Our room had a 'Mesa View', which I would recommend, not only for the stunning view, but also for its proximity to the spa, the pool and hot tub and the dining room/living room. The room wasn't huge but was well-designed, and serene, with an amazing bathtub/shower area (again with the view). All of the spaces: the gym, the spa, the dining room are beautifully conceived with amazing details (we loved the lighting, the dishes, the rugs, the fire tools - you name it - it was thoughtfully selected). The music, the books and magazines, the dvds, the board games (I care about these things) in the library were excellent. It was a place that you'd really want to hang out (and we did) but the lure of the hiking trails, the yoga, the pool, the spa treatments are strong. The complimentary guided hikes are a must-do but there is also the opportunity to take awesome self-guided hikes on or near the property. The spa is extensive with various plunge pools, steam, sauna, and treatment areas. Our treatments/massages ranged from pretty good to really great (I was surprised to love the meditative water treatment so much).
I'd read previous reviews here which were critical of the food, so my expectations were tempered, but I have to say that we completely loved our meals. I woke up excited about what I was going to eat that day - I wanted to try everything! The fresh bread, soups, cheeses, wood-fired pizzas, the fish tacos, elk chili (lots of southwestern/Mexican influences) were highlights. (And an amazing wine list).
The real strength of the hotel though is the service - the people and the way they go above and beyond. This shouldn't have surprised me, it's supposed to be great at this price point, but the little things like Toni bringing me an early morning latte in the hot tub and remembering exactly how I like it. Or Connie, the personal trainer, printing up a folder of exercises and stretches for me to take home for my sore shoulder. Or John and Sam in the dining room who figured out exactly what wines we'd love and were so interesting and warm that they felt like friends by the end of our stay. And Andrew, the Assistant Manager who was ever attentive, accommodating, and lovely.
I would highly recommend exploring this part of the world - the natural landscape is mind-blowing. And without hesitation I would recommend doing it from this hotel. It's amazing and I dream about returning someday.

3  Thank Ilikegoodtravel
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My wife and I had the pleasure of a one night stay at the Amangiri resort
near Page, Arizona. Although we were there for less than 24 hours, we were very impressed by the entire experience. The staff was solicitous both prior to and during our stay. The directions to the facility were excellent (Be careful about
the turn-off road into the Amangiri---there is a dead end which could be a
traffic hazard).

The Amangiri is located in a beautiful, almost unreal valley in southern
Utah, about 13 miles from Page, AZ. We stayed in the Mesa View Suite which
had a lovely, view of a nearby Mesa. It is a superb experience to sit on the
patio alongside a warm and cheerful fire.

In other respects the Amangiri is excellent. The food is interesting and well prepared. The management of the restaurant is active, checking on diners
and even assisting in the service.

The staff, as noted above, is very helpful. Although I was late to a massage appointment, the masseuse kindly allowed me to take my time and delivered a great massage. We also very much enjoyed the slot cave tour. The tour guide was knowledgeable and helpful in every way.

The Amangiri is "high end" in price but definitely worth it. I would return.

1  Thank FrequentTraveller090
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We spent 6 nights here in September 2010. The room was great, the service was quite high-quality, the food and wine were terrific, and the excursions we signed up for were all very memorable. We did a flyover of the Grand Canyon that left us breathless; a hot air balloon ride in which a very experienced pilot took us up and over some huge rock formations and landed very gently on a dirt road that he and his crew had targeted as the landing spot that morning. We did one guided hike and several self-guided hikes. The resort design is striking, like that of all other Aman resorts we've visited, and the views directly outside your windows were fabulous. We strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhhCalifornia
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Arriving at the Amangiri was a long but magical arrival. The landforms are sensual... a different landscape... wonderful setting. The entry and public spaces are grand for the 34 suits and number of guests. This is really special, never crowded. Sometimes it is difficult to find lounges around the pool. The suites are all based on an identical floor plan which really works well. Two spaces, a large living/ sleeping space with 2 courts . The architecture is very minimal and powerful. A zen essential ambiance. Star gazing , walking massage. Relax. The gym equipment is unusable! The lobby is nice , but the area with the books and computers is in a coral which is central. You must walk around it and it is never used much. It could be a losser plan with chairs and tables freely arranged, IMHO. The food was always off. Breakfast and lunch were slightly better than dinner ,but not great or even good. The options are zero! You eat there are drive which impacts the relax factor. One night we sat adjacent to the cook line and watched the operation. Several dishes came back...under cooked. There seemed to be a lack of professionalism as we watched the chefs... At these prices we expected more. Recently we visited a local restaurant in Newport Beach with average reviews... my wife said if the food at Amangiri was this good it would have been a much better experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple