“Relaxing Stay with Perfect Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Erik P
“Beautiful place, but...”
Reviewed 24 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The Triple D really is in a beautiful spot. The cabin is wonderful, the trails on the property are lovely, and it’s a beautiful escape just 15-20 mins from downtown Wimberley. That said...

The hot tub, which was the big reason I rented this particular cabin, is not operational in the winter time. And there is no indication of that anywhere in the listing. That should be made clear beforehand. (They did tell me after the booking was confirmed. I suppose I could have cancelled it.)

And on this particular weekend, there was an infestation of fruit flies. To the owner’s credit, they tried to address it right away. But none of the solutions seemed to work.

When I asked if there was any kind of refund they could offer me, they said they would mail me $50. Given there were fruit flies everywhwre, you’d think it would have been more.

I’d like to think it was an isolated incident. Seems like most folks have had a good experience here. It was a buggy one for me.

gmurtoff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Relaxing Stay with Perfect Location”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

First of all, the location could not be more perfect for out-of-towners to get to both Austin and San Antonio. Wimberley is an adorable town also. Go check out the cute stores and the Wimberley Winery which is right down the road! This B&B has private access to the pool and hot tub, which was clean and super refreshing on one of the days that hit 96 degrees (in October!). The microwave and mini fridge were really convenient for restaurant leftovers, and the snacks were good when we needed something to grab and go. The amount of windows was really nice - it really let the outdoors in. The dirt road is a bit of a trek (it is Texas, after all), but it's worth it. Wish I got to use the hammock but we had way too much to do in only 4 days. Next time hopefully my husband and I can stay for more R&R :)

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
20 Oct 2017
Fantastic feedback! We welcome future guests to this amazing B&B!
Hill Country Premier Lodging
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful place ”
Reviewed 1 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This place is amazing...its up in the hills of wimberly...very peaceful relaxing ....the pool is so nice and clean.....and the owners are very nice...i would recommend goin there u won't be disappointed .

A TripAdvisor Member
“Peaceful Getaway”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This is a beautiful property with comfortable accommodations. It was nice to have a wonderful pool all to ourselves for sunbathing & bird watching. We saw several hummingbirds & cardinals. Deer visited us in the mornings and evenings. The fire pit area is secluded and a great place for morning meditation. The bed is comfortable & the bathroom is extremely spacious. Our time at the Triple D B&B was very relaxing.

My only suggestion is to make sure and drive an SUV or truck to the property. There is approximately a 2 mile drive on a dirt/rock/gravel road which is very bumpy.

Management Response
8 Jul 2017
Terrific feedback!
Hill Country Premier Lodging
Christina...
“Time to breath”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We were seeking a rental in Wimberley that offered a King bed and a pool. We found that and more at Triple D. Unfortunately, the house is 20 minutes from the square in Wimberley. And 10 minutes of that drive is on not only a dirt road but a rock road. We had to drive 10-15 mph to not damage our car. I think stating the house is off of a dirt road is a bit misleading. It's a rough ride. I would have appreciated this fact before booking. We definitely scheduled our days around minimal back and forth to the house. Once at Triple D we enjoyed our stay. The owners left plenty of breakfast items, a fully stocked Keurig and plenty of wonderful creamers. It allowed us to linger in the mornings and enjoy our time. We would consider coming back, however, the road is not a selling point.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing