“The BEST place to stay in Wimberley!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Cypress Creek Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I visited Wimberley to attend Market Day and spent the weekend at Cypress Creek Cottages with my husband and dog.  We were so impressed with our lovely cottage and the personal touches we found upon arrival, including a handwritten welcome note, some pralines, and even fresh flowers. Our dog even had a pet package waiting for him - a VIP package that had a toy and treats and bed.  The owner was a jewel - very warm and friendly. We felt so welcome. We WILL be back!

1  Thank Bvalera
There are newer reviews for Cypress Creek Cottages

Reviewed 16 June 2010

I called yesterday, June 15, to reserve a cottage at Cypress Creek Cottages. The proprietor was very friendly, but told me the first cottage I was requesting, Cottage 2, was not available. He suggested Cottage 9 instead, and I looked at it online and discussed it with him. It was twice as expensive as shown online, but since it was such a nice cottage, I agreed to the reservation. However, when I received my confirmation last night, he had put me in a totally different cottage--Cottage 8. When I sent an email pointing this out, he sent me a rude reply. When I called to find out why I had been put in Cottage 8, he told me Cottage 9 had never been available. We travel frequently for pleasure, and I have never been treated like this before! Would NOT recommend!

Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank lissieray
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Last minute reservations were handled efficiently over the phone just a few days before arrival. A complimentary bottle of wine and some chocolates were waiting for us upon arrival (I had mentioned that this was a belated birthday getaway for my wife and I) a nice touch and unexpected. King bed was comfy (although a couple of stray hairs on the comforter caught my wife's critical eye- the only slight issue with cleanliness) and the place was cute and quiet. Private hot tub was clean and preheated. Full kitchen would have been useful on a longer stay, but worked just fine to keep some drinks cold on our overnighter. Coffee maker worked like a charm in the morning. The location was within easy reach of Wimberley Square. Wasn't the cheapest place, and we never met with any kind of onsite rep during our stay, but had no issues and didn't really need/want anyone nosing around so not a big deal. We had a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Our GPS was able to take us directly to the address, but the instructions on the site were spot on. We really enjoyed the cottage style setting. The private (not secluded) deck, and the fact that we had a full kitchen. The kitchen / living room makes a great space that would have been plenty of room for four adults. The two bed rooms were nicely appointed and had the comforts expected from a hotel. Ironing board, iron, luggage stands, even robes. The water pressure was outstanding for a cabin / cottage style location. Whether doing dishes or taking a shower the water pressure was great and the temperature was quick to warm up. The central air is a necessity and the three "window units" would be used when it get really hot. We used the one in the bedroom to keep it nice and cool. The other two were not working at the time of our arrival, but I am sure the staff will have those up and running in no time.

We made use of the kitchen for breakfast and the only drawback was the fact that the vent above the stove does not vent outdoors. This meant that the cottage had a sausage smell for a while. Not bad if you like sausage, but it would be nice to have the vent go outdoors.

The kitchen was well stocked with the tools for cooking, remember to take your own spices. The coffee maker was huge and would make way more coffee that we could drink in one morning.

The creek running behind the cottage made for an amazing setting. Sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee in the morning or an adult beverage of choice at night made for a great way to book end the day.

The location made for easy transit to the town square or the first saturday trade days. Be prepared for restaurants and shops in town to close earlier than you might expect, and research ahead as some are BYOB.

The grill is charcoal, so come prepared or the store is not far.

This is a great place to spend a weekend, we are talking about meeting other couples in Wimberley in November or December and plan on making this our headquarters for the couples weekend!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrHawk2U
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Cottage is charming with a balance of rustic and luxurious amenities. Just minutes from the center of town yet out in the country. Cypress Creek is the prettiest in Texas. The private hot tub is a real treat. Very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank latoscana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
22.7 km away
Square Inn
Square Inn
#3 of 19 in Wimberley

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Wimberley

Been to Cypress Creek Cottages? Share your experiences!