Mountain View Lodge(Wimberley)(Great Value!)
USD 108
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdog parkhot tubget awaymy husband and iorange cottagefull kitchendog bedneeded anythingscreened in porchcharcoal grillbottle of winefamily reunionclose to towncan't wait to go backhill countryfire pitlove this place
Reviewed 4 August 2017

First of all our cabin number 11 was incredibly clean. The cabin had a great view of the creek below. The cabin had great hot water and pressure for a perfect shower. The hot tub was clean and hot, and the robes are an added plus. Pets are accepted for a very reasonable fee, so bring your babies.

Now for the rest. Cabin 11 is small. It is okay for two guests, but no more. The couch for tv watching is a sleeper sofa and uncomfortable to sit on. The hot tub has no place to set a beverage, so if one is having a beverage while in the hot tub it be held at all times. Cabin has a very small under counter fridge, but I knew this going in. Bathroom is set in the living area, not part of the bedroom. Cabin has two window unit a/c units and no central air.

With all that being said, the area of Cypress Creek Cottages is ideal. Close to groceries and all that Wimberley has to offer. We will return to CCC and try another cottage.

Room Tip: Great value for the area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My husband and I stayed in the #3 orange cottage in June/July of 2016. We LOVED our stay! All of the cottages are tucked in a wooded cypress tree area and are very private. They are just off the main road but right outside of downtown Wimberly. It's a very short drive to local destinations. We are planning another stay at these cottages! The cottage was clean, well decorated, and very welcoming. The cottage was fully stocked with dishes, cookware, and cooking utensils. Again, we HIGHLY recommend Cypress Creek Cottages!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank changriffin20
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Our family of 4 stayed in cottage #8. My sister stayed in Cottage #5 (a bit smaller with no upstairs, but one of my 7 year old twins was happy to sleep on her sofa sleeper). Both cottages were quaint and clean. Internet and TV worked easily, which isn't a given on these kinds of places. We both had shaded parking which is a big plus in June! I didn't think we were going to use the hot tub but my kids proved me wrong. If you are staying around this time, be mindful of the wasps. Our cottage was surrounded by them and we did find 2 in the cabin, but the on-site folks were quick to respond. I guess that goes with staying out in the Hill country in the summer. The only real disappointment was our mattress. It was soft and lumpy, more like a nice futon. Both wife and I didn't sleep well on it. But sis said hers in #5 was great. That's the only reason I didn't give an enthusiastic 5 stars here.

Otherwise, though we didn't see near as many pets as we thought, this place is laid out with love and thoughtfulness. It's perfect for larger groups to eat out or hang out by the fire. Like for a family reunion.

BTW, the creek beside the southern units was pretty much bone dry. I imagine there's no real water here unless after a large rain. But for a charge you can get your water needs either at 7A cabin's access or at a nearby park. Do know that 7A is undergoing renovation right now.

Would love to be able to come back. There looks like a bunch of places to choose from to stay in the area, but we'd for sure pick Cypress Creek again. Also, eat at the Leaning Pear! Great food and not expensive! We also enjoyed the outdoor Corral Theater (take bug spray) and seeing Pioneer Town which I saw as a kid in the 70s. I do suspect it won't be there much longer, which is a shame for all us older kids that remember simpler times.

Room Tip: Larger 3 units (I think) are on south side of road and by "the creek". #5 and #8 were very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

My husband and I just spent the weekend in Cottage 9 (Amethyst) and it was impressive - the photos do not do it justice! The cottage has a large screened porch with jacuzzi plus an additional open porch overlooking the crystal clear creek. The owners have thought of everything. When we arrived, we found dog bowls, beds, treats, and toys for our lab mix fur-kids. The property also features a fenced dog park, poop bags, lawn chairs by the creek, and many other nice touches. We have already recommended these cottages to several friends and plan to return soon. Thank you, Jeremy, for such a warm welcome. Your hospitality is outstanding! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rechelle7
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We are staying in the 'yellow' cottage number 2. Very cute! Nice and cozy. Close to town and things to do. Took advantage of how close the golf course is and spa! Will come back again for sure. Love love love!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple