All reviews farm to table hill country my husband and i fixings luxury retreat chef bed weekend
Reviewed 23 October 2018

We had a beautiful luxury tent that was huge! Lots of space and comfy chairs. The bathroom, complete with shower was right behind the bedroom in it's own tent two steps away. The view from the front deck was delightful especially at dawn and dusk!! The bed and bedding were 1st class which made it hard to get out of bed in the morning. They had tea, coffee, hot chocolate and granola fixings there if you wanted it! The food was outstanding, from a great breakfast to the 4 course dinner!! We were celebrating an anniversary, so this was extra special and the entire staff was very efficient, fun and helpful! We will be back and we will be going to their Big Sky,MT location next August! The only thing I would change, if asked, would be to also have a firepit in the big area from the dining tent that has the grills. It is very dark at night and the trail down to the firepit was narrow and steep(I actually fell).The staff was great and got me up and back to our tent but I was disappointed that we missed the firepit experience with the smores! It still was wonderful and we will absolutely be repeat customers!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful place that will get you close to camping but with the comforts of home. The staff was amazing and helpful. The food was amazing. My 1 and only complaint was the price of everything, I feel it's a little overpriced for what it is.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Kelley L
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Collective hill country retreat was absolutely perfect, from the smooth check in to the amazing stay and stunning views to the breakfast that was incredible! The staff was ready to help with bags as soon as we pulled up, and were friendly and helpful during our entire stay! We recommend to everyone! :)
Thank you again!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Melissa B, Community Manager at Collective Hill Country, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brooke. It was a pleasure having you at the retreat, and we're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Don't be a stranger, and we hope to see you at the campfire again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Collective retreats Hill Country is wonderful! The staff is extremely kind and helpful. If you love the outdoors, this is the place to visit and truly relax! The tents are so cute and have everything you may need and the views are amazing!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Melissa B, Community Manager at Collective Hill Country, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

We're so glad you enjoyed yourself, Stephanie – it truly is a magical place. Please come visit us again soon and, until then, have a wonderful summer and safe travels everywhere your adventures lead you. Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at Collective Hill Country to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. What we expected to be a romantic retreat tuned into a weekend of watching out for, and exterminating bugs. And I’m not talking about a few bugs, but lots and lots of bugs.

The first night, we found a brown recluse and a bold jumping spider in our tent. The second night, we caught a scorpion. The third morning, I woke up with a very large grasshopper on my pillow a few inches from my face. There were also huge nests of granddaddy long legs in the bathroom. And that’s not to mention the other, smaller bugs that we fought with the entire weekend.

The problem lies in that the tents are canvas walls and ceilings placed on top of a raised, plank wood deck. While traditional tents are made with the floor, walls, and ceilings all made in one piece, by separating the walls from the floor at Collective, the separation creates no barrier to keep bugs and other vermin out of the tents. Even if you keep the tent zipped up tight at the entrances, which we did for the whole weekend, there is no way to deter anything from entering the tent. We had to fight with insects and a scorpion, but I would not be surprised if snakes or small vermin would be able to make it into the tent as well.

There are also no amenities available on the grounds. We had to drive 40 minutes to Austin to participate in horseback riding, and 20 minutes to the nearest winery.

A plus was that the food was WONDERFUL! We did enjoy the breakfast, which is included, every morning. We also decided to splurge because it was a special occasion and participated in the farm to table meal on the grounds. However, the resort does not have a license to sell alcohol, so if you want to enjoy a glass of wine with your meal, you have to spend the additional expense to bring your own. And for the price we spent to have the meal (nearly 400 dollars with the tip!!), it was outrageous!!! We’ve had many 5 and 7 course meals that included wine pairings for much cheaper.

Another plus was that staff was wonderful. They were very helpful, especially when we found the scorpion in our tent.

Because of the negatives, we spent as much time as possible away from the tents. At the price per night that we paid to stay at Collective, I am extremely disappointed that we spent so much money on this trip and got so little out of it.

I wouldn’t recommend staying at Collective. If you are looking for a hill country experience, there are many bed and breakfasts in the area that will give a better high-end experience, and many campgrounds that would allow for a better traditional camping experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
3  Thank ARCsanantonio
Melissa B, Community Manager at Collective Hill Country, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi there, Aubrey. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we constantly strive to improve and provide guests with the best experience possible. We've passed your notes along to our operations leadership to ensure any necessary changes are made. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.