“Anniversary Dinner Perfection ”

Fox Hill Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 256 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Price range: USD 9 - USD 34
Description: RESERVATIONS ​ Available for: Lunch Wednesday through Friday from 11:00-2:00 PM Dinner Tuesday through Saturday beginning at 5:00 pm till 9pm Brunch Sunday from 11:00-2:00 Reservations are recommended. ​If you or someone in your party has specific dietary needs, please let us know so we can prepare accordingly. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We had dinner for our anniversary and went to Fox Hill for the 1st time. The restaurant is set on a beautiful lot with gorgeous gardens, perfect for a sunset photo opportunity!
We split the bacon wrapped dates which were amazing! They could be dessert! I had the lamb and my husband had the tenderloin. Both were cooked to perfection. We were so full we passed on dessert.. But next time we will have a half order of dates and try dessert!
The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the building, menu and wine pairing.
We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018

This restaurant is a delight! Located in an old house, it is a lovely, comfortable, intimate dining experience. We went on a Tuesday evening at 6:15. I went ahead and made reservations to be on the safe side but I think we could have easily walked in and gone right to a table.
We had the Bacon wrapped dates for an appetizer. They were AMAZING! My husband had the grass fed Tenderloin and I had the smoked quail. Both dishes were EXCELLENT and beautifully plated. I also had a glass of the house Chardonnay which was crisp and very tasty. My husband had a dark beer (I can't remember which!) that was also delicious.
For dessert, my husband ordered the Smoked Bacon Bourbon Cookie Dough ice cream. Oh. My. God. You would not think that combination would taste as good as it does with that name but it is scrumptious! I had the Creme Brulee. The custard had a perfect consistency and it was not heavily sugared on the top. The fresh strawberries tasted just like summer.
The ambiance of the restaurant is low key, slightly elegant yet still cozy with lovely lighting and low music.
We had a fabulous dinner and time at Fox Hill and look forward to returning SOON!!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We had the pork tenderloin, which was well seasoned and cooked well and very nice presentation. I had a Caesar salad with side portion of salmon. It was seared perfectly and very tasty. The wine was good and my husband enjoyed the porter beer he had. Service was friendly. Very cute house with a lot of charm. We would go back if in Wichita again.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I’m baffled by the few bad reviews! My husband and I lived in numerous large, metropolitan cities all over the US before moving to Wichita Falls. We consider ourselves foodies and spend way too much money eating out, and Fox Hill is one of our favorite finds of all time! And to think it’s in little Wichita Falls - home of chains and “meh” steak places. We’re so lucky!

The ambiance, the service, the food - all top notch! Tenderloin is incredible, as is the fish and pork. We’ve brought our kids, who love the pasta (and you must order the off-menu fruit plate! It comes out looking like art!).

The appetizers are so-so. Good, but with this chef they could be great. And the cocktails are decent, but average. But the main courses and deserts - truly outstanding! The crime brûlée on its own is worth a trip here. We’ve gone 4 times and never had a bad experience.

Small farm-to-table places are never going to have the Chili’s “Hows it going folks?!” loud waitstaff - thank god. Understated, quiet, elegant, delicious. Ask for a seat by the window.

This is by FAR the #1 restaurant in Wichita Falls!

1  Thank 181hannahw
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Our group was traveling from Denton, TX to Lawton, OK for a conference and stopped at Fox Hill for lunch on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived at 1:55 to discover that they stopped serving lunch at 2 pm, but they were gracious and seated us anyway.
I wad blown away! The grounds featured a beautiful pond and garden, the facilities were an exquisitely renovated old house, the service was great, and the food was fantastic. (My favorite was the soup of the day, which was smoked gouda and bacon, one of the best soups I’ve ever had!). I would definitely recommend Fox Hill and would plan on coming again if I’m back in Wichita Falls.

Date of visit: June 2018