“There are no angels in angels nest”

Angel's Nest and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Weatherford B&B and Inns
Weatherford, TX
“There are no angels in angels nest”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I made a reservation for 2 rooms and co nfirmed with a credit card but cancelled before staying there, only to learn they processed my card for $500 and change. I protested, sued in small claim court, got a judgement , this is their business style, never respond to complaints. My last respondance was "see you in court, sweety" but they never showed up and now all I have is a judgement that won't kick in until they try to sell Angels Nest B&B. Beware, there are NO angels in Angels Nest B&B

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ken W

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night and it couldn't have been more troublesome. Instead of writing a review, I'll paste the email that I sent to the owner, whom I had been exchanging emails with prior to our stay. She chose not to respond to my email explaining our stay at her B&B...not even a simple apology.

Candice,

When my wife and I arrived to the Angel's Nest at 1:00 AM this morning from our wedding reception, the code (last five digits of my phone number) you told me to use wouldn't work on the door. I don't think you can possibly imagine the level of frustration / embarrassment I had with my new wife standing on a porch in her wedding gown, locked out of the wonderful bed & breakfast we were supposed to enjoy. We tried the code, knocked, call button, etc. for close to an hour, but we were finally successful in getting inside by ruining another guest's night and waking him up by knocking on his door. He wasn't too happy with us and I don't blame him, but what I thought was ironic was he told me that you're just supposed to use the last five digits of your phone number on the keypad... I suppose our combo simply wasn't entered into the set of codes???

Another thing that was missed was you told me that you would have the bathtub full upon our arrival, as it takes close to an hour to fill up. Even though I didn't expect it, I felt that was an incredibly gracious and lovely touch. After the initial fiasco, I found it comical that the bath tub had not been filled.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you ruined our night, but had every other aspect of the night (the parts we were responsible for) not gone flawlessly and wonderfully as they did, you certainly would have.

Truly a disappointment.

Nick Smith

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ND0479
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I am extremely dissatisfied with this place. They ran an ad on Groupon, and I called them to book a room. They didn't answer the phone for a while. Finally, after four or five tries during different times of the day, a lady picked up the phone. I asked her about the particular weekend and she said all rooms eligible for a Groupon offers are booked, but they have a room for a regular price available that weekend. I planned to have a romantic getaway with my husband to celebrate my birthday. I provided her with my credit card information to book a regular room. Next day, my credit card company called me and said there was an unauthorized access to my account, so they closed that account and issued me a new card. I immediately called Angle’s Nest to find out if they had any issues with processing the card. Of course, nobody picked up the phone. I left them a voice message. They called the next day and I couldn’t pick up the phone because I was driving. I pulled to the curb and called them back FIVE minutes later. Nobody answered and their voice machine was full.
I’ve been calling them for two days many times a day, and nobody ever answered the phone. The voice mail was always full. Finally, when I dialed their phone seventh or eighth time, a lady said they rented out my room to somebody else. Very disappointing.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ekaterina K
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2011

As we drove up the hill, we saw the building and said, “I hope that is it.” It was.
***Beautiful Room 4 is upstairs and looks back toward the East. They could have named this place the eagle’s nest because that is how it felt, looking back toward the metroplex.
***It felt quiet and secluded, even though the place was completely full for the first night. ***The staff was personable, even friendly; and they listened graciously as I shared my visions of how the room might be alternatively decorated. I can’t help myself.
***We had the chance to view some of the other rooms and every room is unique. I wish we had spent more time in the common areas.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rajNdfw
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed in room 3 also. Pleasant room, but very noisy from outside traffic. Bath was only slightly larger than the claw tub/ shower. We were briefly greeted with no introduction of names. We love to learn about the history of these lovely old houses; however, other than the fact that this one is 115 years old, we still know nothing about it. It also was cold and drafty (my wife is cold-natured). The proprietors were MIA. They said they were having a bad day-- looks like the other reviewers did too. Problems with the hot tub that holds 8(no way), tv was poor reception with no guide, and we had to hook up the dvd player out of a drawer ourselves. Oh, and bring your own pillows if you don't like feather ones. Breakfast was fine, but not "hearty"-- we went for coffee somewhere else. The pictures were well done, but very misleading. This home has potential, if the owners would just concentrate on customer service. I can see why they are so adamant about their no cancellation/refund policy...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple