“Good location, frustrating water pressure and temp”

La Quinta Inn Waco University
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Waco
San Antonio, TX
“Good location, frustrating water pressure and temp”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Frankly, when in Waco I like to stay at the Hilton. That probably says something about me, but it's not that I'm a snob or need extreme luxuries; Waco is just dodgy when it comes to hotels, and I know the Hilton will be clean, comfortable and polite.

This La Quinta has seen better days, but given the limited options it's a good value and a great location. My recent stay (Feb '12) reminded me of a problem that I had experienced here before: extreme variations in pressure and temperature of the water. Your shower can turn scalding or freezing without warning. While this might be only an annoyance for someone mobile, I was placed in a ADA-fixtured room and I thought about the poor soul who might not be able to dodge the temperature changes so easily. Added to that, the very limited "free" breakfast (don't know the hours, but by the time I got there both mornings there was only coffee available), noisy environment (I-35 and all-night Denny's) and amateurish staff, I'll splurge on the Hilton from now on. The room was nice, with free wi-fi and decent linens and pillows, but I can get all that elsewhere without the liability of being scalded.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hermesdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
baytownbear
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We love staying here in Waco. It's an old motel type place with small rooms. The price is usually right and we like being on the edge of the Baylor campus. The breakfast is not great. We had connecting rooms, something you can't get in many places anymore.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank baytownbear
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I chose this LaQuinta Inn because of its location on I35 and because it is pet friendly. I like the location because while close to I35, it is next to residential neighborhood. Denny's is right next door to the north. The Clay Pot Vietnamese restaurant is right next doorc to the south.

The entrance is inviting, reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. The lobby is large, bright and very clean. The reception staff is friendly, helpful. The room is large, very clean, quiet and adequately supplied with traveler's essentials. This is an older facility, but a very good value. This is our second stay at this hotel. We will be staying here on our return trip.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank KSMeadowlark
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Nice basic hotel easy to get to . we had 4 rooms checked in late and told desk clerk that we would be using another card upon check out. He said he would make a note this morning the girl had charged my card and was a little put out that she had to change it. This also happen last year when we stayed here. Other than that the rooms are clean and updated and the staff is friendly .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is a standard older LaQuinta Inn. It has been well maintained and is clean and quiet. Service was excellent with no problems with the reservation, check-in, the room, check-out or the public areas.

We made the reservation about 20 minutes before we arrived and they had the key and room ready.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family