“AKA Deluxe Inn”

Add it.
Magnuson Hotel Waco
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 20 August 2014

First confusion was GPS maps it to Magnuson Hotel off I35, the signs say it is Deluxe Inn (still don't know for sure which it really is). It is just minutes from the Baylor campus, making the location excellent. The room was ok...sheets felt musty and were stained. I asked for and received clean sheets. The faucet in the sink was almost ready to fall off. The swimming pool water was scary green but the manager said it was treated and safe. The bed was moderately comfortable, on the harder side. I believe this motel is frequently used by construction workers who were outside a lot at night smoking and hanging out at the pool They were nice, no problem, just an observation.
On the other hand, our staff was extremely nice & helpful. I had to call to find the location since it didn't match the GPS. The management had the breakfast laid out nicely and was helpful in preparations. They were the best part of this motel experience.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off the freeway (I35) but we rarely heard that much traffic noise. We stayed on...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank taffien

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room was adequate, beds comfortable, but there were young cockroaches in the bathroom. The breakfast was about as minimal as it gets. The waffle iron was an antique. About the best thing going for it is location on I-35 near the exit for Hwy. 77.

Room Tip: Look further.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edge W
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I checked into the hotel June 26th around 1130 pm. About 2 hours before that, I received a phone call from the front desk clerk saying she has charged my card that I had used to hold the reservation. She informed me that she did that so I can just come in and sign it and get the card to my room. That helped out a lot, as I had been driving since 8:30 that morning. The next morning, I went and got breakfast there. They provided the local newspaper, and the breakfast was not bad at all. Pastries, sausage, coffee, and a variety of juices was provided. Later in the morning, me and my friend decided we wanted to stay at the hotel an extra day. The owner was real courteous about extending the stay, even giving us the discount that was only supposed to be used once. He also gave us a map of the area and what attractions were around and the best times to visit. The next morning upon check-out, he asked if everything was alright. I told him that it was a great stay for us. The room was decent sized for two people. The bed was the right size as well, and very comfortable. They had updated the bathrooms recently, as a new tub was in the room. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TDAllen24
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Address makes the hotel difficult to find. Would have been better to give out GPS coordinates. Had a hard time finding the hotel - even WITH a GPS unit....
The room is standard motel standard.
The out-door pool was nice.
Several restaurants within walking distance.
Breakfast a bit on the "Spartan" side.
We discovered a few insects (beetles) in our first floor room.
I reported it to the receptionist. She, however, stated that they were doing all they could do about the insects so I got the distinct impression that nothing would be done about the problem.

Room Tip: The room was clean and fresh. AC worked well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were traveling with our daughter and her young daughter. Our room was clean and very attractive and roomy. The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful and courteous.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family