“Nope, no, never again. Worse Mexican food I’ve had ”
Review of Mercado's

Mercado's
Ranked #11 of 394 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Nope, no, never again. Their sign says the best fajita’s in East Texas..... They lied. Let me just say we had much elsewhere. The fajitas were ok, but not outstanding. The salsa was anemic at best - what comes to my mind is canned diced tomatoes with light Mexican seasoning. Certainly a margarita would make it better...... Nope. Tasted more like cheap tequila with cheap margarita mix with no fore thought on making them. We came in with high hopes. Left completely disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (456)

Reviewed 23 March 2021

Mercado's used to be incredible. So much so, the last time we ate there was in 1999 and 21 years later we still talked about this place and couldn't wait to eat there on a recent trip. Never again.

As soon as you walked in, you used to get a container of fresh tortillas with butter and honey on the table. Nope. No more. That used to be the highlight! Our waitress was fairly new and sweet but didn't know a thing. She messed up our simple order. The food was absolutely disgusting. The rice and beans had been sitting under the lamps and were crusty. My margarita was the only good part. My husband burped up Mercado's disgusting meal all night. Will never, ever be back.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank KMSimon66
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I had dinner here with my wife based on the good reviews, but I had a little sticker shock when I saw the prices. I don’t mind paying more but the cost far outweighed the quality. The food was mediocre at best and I don’t any need to return.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank jamesgC5297VE
Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

It’s been a while since we’ve eaten at Mercado’s. We were very disappointed in the menu; the service was terrible; they messed up on my order and tried to charge to fix it, and the food was not very good. We won’t go back.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 10 July 2020

I placed a to go order and it went TERRIBLY WRONG!
To start they didn't put the lids on the soup so it proceeded to spill all over me and my car.
Then when I requested a replacement I was not given everything, nor an apology or anything else to try and make it right.
I asked the manager and he suspiciously just disappeared into the back. I received a tiny cup of soup but no replacements for the other 4 things ruined in the bag. When I requested the replacements everyone again just disappeared.
While waiting inside trying to get the situation rectified not a single person asked how I was doing, if I needed anything or any resemblance of customer service.
Then when we got home with our order a large portion was still missing and overall the food was below marginal!!!!

Needless to say I WILL NOT be recommending this place based on the bad service and food!!

I support local but not this one. IT NEEDS TO CLOSE!!!

Date of visit: July 2020