“Good News - Bad News”

Ranked #92 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Good News - Bad News”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

It was my brother-in-laws birthday and he picked this restaurant for the family/friend gathering. Some things were great; some not so great.
My friend and I arrived early and decided to wait in the bar. It took them a while to wait on us even though only one other person was there but once the bartender arrived he was very good. We had a Martini and a Margaritta (the best I have had in a while; it wasn't too sweet and you could tell it actually had alcohol in it but wasn't overpowering). My friend said the Martini was excellent. We also had the Artichoke Hearts and Proscuto and Cheese appetizers (please forgive my spelling and lack of the Italian name). The temperature of the food was perfect as was the taste. Yummy!!!!
When everyone else arrived we were seated immediately and there was a high chair for the little one. We visited on a Saturday about 2:00 p.m. so it wasn't very crowded and I liked that the music wasn't loud so we could carry on conversations.
Our waiter was friendly and professional but not gushy (I hate the staff being all over me when I'm at a restaurant!). The bread was hot and was on the table quickly as were our drinks. My friend and I split the Shrimp Portofino and they did this for us instead of us having to do it at the table and make a mess. Other people had this dish also and now for the bad news. It was bland and didn't have the richness we have experienced before. It tasted oily instead of buttery. I'm not sure if it was a different reciepe or a different chef but I wouldn't recommend this dish anymore. Too bad as it was my brother-in-laws favorite and why he chose this restaurant. Someone also tried a ravioli dish and said it was good but not the best they had eatten.
I would definitely return for drinks and appetizers just not sure about the main courses with the Saturday chef.

• Visited February 2012

Houston, Texas
“Horrible service.”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We went there for lunch. I think the waitress was on drugs. She told us her name and then left. We never saw her again. We waited 20 minutes, finally someone took our order. We waited another 30 minutes, no food. My husband asked where our food was. They brought his sandwich but not my soup. He asked again. Then they brought my soup, but nothing to eat it with. Then they brought my salad, again with no utensils. Finally they brought the bill, with no pen to sign for it. That was the last straw. All in all we were there over an hour, on my husbands lunch hour. We have never been back.

Spring, Texas
“Italian chain restaurant”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

The food is ok, not great - we have eaten here a few times and the pasta tends to be overcooked. Great salads though.

Houston, TX
“Ok for a chain”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Penne Rustica is a must and my goodness the Foccacia is the best! As a bonus, you can buy frozen Foccacia to take home! The Italian Custard is exactly as expected, creamy and not too sweet. As a little bonus, they have basic Italian language instruction in the restrooms!

Visited December 2011
East Texas
“Great lunch on the patio”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Always love the pasta and paninis here. The chicken scallopini is wonderful. The bread served before and during the meal is warm and crusty.

Visited November 2011