All reviews the concierge lounge sky bridge within walking distance movie theater parking garage cynthia woods nice hotel valet service lobby bar business traveler the room was nice market place lots of restaurants attending a concert shopping and restaurants waterway pavilion
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent: on one side you have the river walk and on the other the shopping mall and movie theaters. I stayed here from Christmas to New Year and the hotel was almost empty. The disadvantage of this was that they decided not to put the breakfast buffet so we had to order from the menu which is very limited. The room looked a little dusty and we had a very difficult time "begging" the cleaning woman for four towels instead of three. I had to do this every single day...The room they gave us was behind the elevators and I could hear them at night going up and down.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rubenuno
Colleen T, Hotel Executive Assisant at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear Guest:

Please accept my sincere apology for the frustration you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel.

We have discussed and documented your comments with our Operations Staff, regarding limited holiday menu, and we apologize for that. Our guest room collateral advises to put towels needing to be replaced on the floor and they will be replaced; however, you should have had a larger supply provided, since that was what you requested. We have addressed this with our Housekeeping staff in detail.

We do value your feedback, this helps us know where our customers concerns are, and we will make adjustments where needed from that. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the location and the hotel.

We also value your patronage and when you plan to return to The Woodlands, please let me know, and I will be happy to upgrade your reservation.

Kindest regards,
Hotel Executive Assistant

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We stayed at the Woodlands Marriott for four nights in October. The valet service was very friendly and quick throughout our stay. However, the check in process was slow and the attendant at the desk was very snobbish. Not what you expect from a Marriott hotel. We also found the concierge to be quite clueless when we asked for directions. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a view of the waterway which was nice. We found the room to be quiet and had no trouble sleeping on the very comfortable beds. The hotel is in a great location near shopping and restaurants. We would probably stay here again if the price was right. However, there are other hotels in the area of the same caliber that we would also consider for our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Two4travel
Colleen T, Hotel Executive Admin at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Please accept my sincere appreciation to you for taking time to write a complimentary note about our hotel and location.

On the other hand, your experience with the Front Desk Agent and also our Concierge not being well informed about the area are of great concern to us. I have taken your comments to our General Manager and our Director of Hotel Operations for further discussion with each. I do apologize for their behavior, this is not the Marriott professionalism we normally show. The goal of our hotel is for all of our associates to provide a totally enjoyable experience for all of our guests and anything short of this is unacceptable.

Again, thank you for your feedback, it is priceless to us, and only improves our service to our guests, when we know where a problem generates. We greatly value your patronage. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in The Woodlands.

Kindest regards ~

Reviewed 26 December 2015

Disappointing Christmas Dinner.
Five of us had dinner today - a 3:00 sitting for brunch. The room was crowded and noisy. We are vegetarian and had asked specifically about the menu before booking. We were told there would be green beans, pasta salad, mashed potatoes, carrots, three kinds of salads, eggs Benedict and omelets made to order, desserts, beverages ... while not a great selection, we knew we could be happy with them. When we arrived and went to the buffet, the "salad" was being served in tiny clear plastic drink cups. Two choices, one of them not vegetarian. The pasta salad had ham, the green beans had bacon, the pre-made eggs Benedict had ham, the soup was made with chicken stock. After speaking with the manager, they brought plates of plain beans and salad to the table. The for was pretty fair, we waited for coffee for ten minutes, the bill was $414 - included 20% gratuity for buffet service. The valet was $20 for an hour and a half. LESS THAN IMPRESSED.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank elissa1217
Fred D, General Manager at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2015

Good morning,
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your brunch. We received so many positive reviews on the food and service. If you contact my office after January 4th I will be happy to discuss your experience and make an adjustment to your bill as a small token of our appreciation of your feedback.
Best regards,
Fred Domenick
General manager
281-681-5699

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

A friend and I stayed there overnight food the Woodlands Food and Wine Festival in June 2015. This hotel was perfect for the event. It was within walking distance to Market Street where the event was being held. The staff was friendly, and check-in was easy.

The hotel was modern and clean. The rooms were clean and modern and in good repair.(A lot of hotels can be dingy and moldy.) This is the prefect hotel for quick overnight trips, such as a wine festival, concert, or a weekend of shopping. I would also recommend it for conferences. Overall, this is a great hotel and I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Participated in a company Christmas party within the conference center area and spent that night in the hotel. The party are was set up quite lavishly. It was a spectacular spectacle. Everything was top of the line. They provided a separate room with bars and appetizers, before the meal and dancing. They had 8 or 10 bars set up and server s all over providing appetizers. Food and drink was first class. Then they opened the drapes to the main area. WOW! It was gorgeous. The dinner was presented buffet style and, like the bars, they had 8 or 10 buffets, so there were no enormous lines. The food was extraordinary for a buffet. They provided a number of different salads, caseroles and meats/fishes. They also and a carver table. I had the roast beef and it was cooked to perfection, with excellent taste. My only somewhat negative comment is that the dance floor quite a bit small for the number of people involved. The wait staff was super. The bartenders in the the pre-dinner area were fantastic. Very jovial and fun, but professional and knowledgeable as well.

As for our room, it was Marriott's typical first class as well. We had a king-sized bed and it was extremely comfortable. I love their pillows. When you are registered with them, you can designate things on your records and the type of pillow that I have selected is superb. The room is clean and neat and good sized.

Overall, every time I have visited this Woodlands Marriott and conference center, I have loved it. It is an amazing center. Their staff is always friendly, courteous and professional. I have been there during some of their typically busiest times and the staff always maintains a friendly manner.

If you are coming to the Houston area, you can't beat it. Plus, there is so much to enjoy in the immediately surrounding area. Within walking distance you have an enormous selection for dining, virtually all levels, from finger foods to very fine dining. There is shopping to, of many levels. There is also entertainment.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide the best views. A south side room is probably the best for view.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple