“Delicious Thai Food!”

Basil House
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Texas City
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Came here with a friend looking for some good Southeast Asian food. We weren't disappointed! I had the eggplant curry - super good! Thai tea wasn't the best I've ever had, so I'd skip it. Spring rolls were delish, and my friend's beef coconut curry was out of this world!

There are newer reviews for Basil House

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We stopped here for lunch on the way to a meeting. I trust TripAdvisor to not lead me astray, and I don't think that's the case here, either. However, I was very disappointed with the service. I'll chalk it up as a one-off, but I'll likely not go back. The food was really good, so it helped alleviate the slow service, absence of refills, and complete lack of knowledge about the menu.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Small scale, hole in the wall place in Texas City. Great food. Best Asian food in town. Pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff. Always good, never disappointed.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

After reading other positive reviews, I decided to visit Basil House. It was great. It's a hole in the wall restaurant, a bit gloomy looking, but don't let that stop you.
Though this is a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant, they have some other Asian cuisine favorites on the menu. I ordered the Mongolian Beef, extra spicy, with brown rice. Served before the meal was a Thai Coconut Soup and a small portion of salad with a traditional Thai peanut dressing. Both were fantastic. The entree was indeed extra spicy (it's a pet peeve when I order extra spicy and it's not!). It was packed full of flavor and the accompanying veggies were fresh and perfectly prepared. The brown rice had the right amount of stickiness.
Price was right for a great meal.
Highly recommend, don't let the outer appearance scare you off.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Inexpensive Vietnam restaurant serving delicious food! Never a big crowd which is a shame because it's so good!