“Not fancy but you don't go for the looks, YOU GO FOR THE FOOD”

Ichiban Sushi Tapioca
Ranked #75 of 433 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Soups
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I've been here several times, mostly by myself. The restaurant itself is pretty plain jane, but the service and the food is outstanding.

This time I ordered the "seaweed salad, the Cha Soba noodles (cold noodles, simple but delish), Texas Ranger roll (my 1st time ordering and it was a AWESOME), Yakozza Roll, and the baked Miso Seabass. Yes, it's a lot but again I don't eat here that often so when I do I like to try as many items as I can.

The servers are very helpful if you need a recommendation. Always friendly. You can tell they have a "lunch following" because they offer some nice luncheon specials.

If you want a "truly Japanese meal with lots of options and selections" I would definitely tell you to RUN to this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

We both love sushi and sashimi. We have been to many sushi joints and only a handful are worth revisiting. This is definitely one of them!
We had the Shaggy Dog, the Orange Dragon, and the Snow Crab. I couldn't tell you which one was my favorite as they were all so very good. We also had the Sashimi B platter and I couldn't believe the size of the filets that we were served! They were huge compared to many place and just as fresh as if they had cleaned the living fish right there. The rice wasn't so dense that you couldn't experience the flavors which is a huge mistake many places make. Even the nigiri was perfect. I actually think we are returning for dinner tonight because we didn't have enough room to try all the rolls that we wanted to.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

menu has been expanded, the food is good, but be prepared to spend at least $20 each person in order to be satisfied. I think that the food price has gone up 25% at least, I don't remember ever spending that much for lunch. Consequently, we only come on special occasions now.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

Located in a retail strip center, this is a small Mom and Pop type restaurant. The care they put into the food, service and cleanliness is obvious. I stopped in for a late lunch and enjoyed the bento box special that included soup, salad (tasty dressing), 3 pieces sashimi, a roll, vegetable tempura and rice. It was a lot of food for the money. The service was warm and friendly. I will definitely be back to try other menu items.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Ichiban is our home away from home. We started coming here regularly after Chef Allen took over early this year. We are treated like family and have always had excellent meals here. The sushi is always FRESH and the rolls are creative. The new tatami room is so much fun and the kids love it. We like the lunch specials but we come here every couple of weeks.