“Great Curries”
Review of Mint Spice Bistro - CLOSED

Mint Spice Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant based on a hunch, and what a wonderful dining experience it turned out to be. The service is ok and the appetizers we chose were also pretty average - but this was definitely made up for with the mains. Absolutely delicious!!! I could not stop eating. I also liked their great selection of vegetarian options and wines from around the world. The food was also very reasonably priced. We will definitely go back there!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I ate there tonight. The ambiance was relaxing. The menu was of mainly Eastern Asian and Indian food with a large vegetarian selection. I enjoyed the spicy foods which were abundant in quantity and quality. There are many non-spicy menu items as well. We enjoyed the service and our interactions with the staff.

1  Thank DocReading
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The M Lounge is under new ownership and has gone downhill. Tonight, my wife and I were seated in a certain area and were served drinks by a waitress for approximately an hour. At the end of this time a big fellow came up to us and said, "You have to move. This space is reserved." n.b. There was no indication that the space was reserved. I asked, "What space do you have for us to sit?". I expected to be reseated given the facts of the situation. Instead of reseating us, the man simply repeated that the space was reserved. I posed the same question/request. Again, I heard the same response. Needless to say, I will not be giving my patronage in the near future.

2  Thank DocReading
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Let me start off by saying my husband and I once loved the M Lounge, It was an upscale social setting that attracted good people. No cover charge, no valet parking and you showed your apppreciation by buying the drinks, and smoking on the Hooka's. (not sure if i spelled that right). How about we went this past weekend, there was valet parking for $20 bucks. To park your self it was $10. The droves of people that were coming in were not local sugar land residents. They came from all over and it was the kind you couldn't bump in to or it would be a fight and like the other poster wrote they definitely didn't come to dance. The parking lot was filled with yelling and talking, it was $20 dollar cover charge now. We refuse to pay and left but before we did we notice something different. Cops were every where and they were needed to make sure nothing happened. Also there was a big pink and some other colors on a Van parked out front advertising Lace Front Wigs..lol.. which was a huge sign that the once upscale club was meeting it's doom. I only hope that our sugar land community bans together to oust this kind of environment. Believe me, the M Lounge once represented all people but a very laid back social setting. It was beautiful inside. I think they are renting to some other people now. It's so sad that out neighborhood club has come to this. I hope that the owners will come to their senses and take back the lounge and restore it to it's previous slendor. What it is today you can find at any of the dives on Main street or some hole in the wall. Very disappointed.

4  Thank Mason G
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I never do reviews but I thought they deserved one. My husband and I were looking for a nice spot to relax and have fun on a Friday night. I heard about M lounge in sugarland. I was pleasantly surprised at this swanky spot. It was a nice mix of cultures with a nice ambiance. The drinks were awesome and the dj even bought me a shot and I didn't even know him(nice guy)!!! The dj mixed hip hop, house, old school, etc. and he didn't have you bored (video was a nice touch). Check it out for yourself but it worked for us!!

1  Thank Rxforu