“M Lounge was once a nice place to go”
Review of Mint Spice Bistro - CLOSED

Mint Spice Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Let me start off by saying my husband and I once loved the M Lounge, It was an upscale social setting that attracted good people. No cover charge, no valet parking and you showed your apppreciation by buying the drinks, and smoking on the Hooka's. (not sure if i spelled that right). How about we went this past weekend, there was valet parking for $20 bucks. To park your self it was $10. The droves of people that were coming in were not local sugar land residents. They came from all over and it was the kind you couldn't bump in to or it would be a fight and like the other poster wrote they definitely didn't come to dance. The parking lot was filled with yelling and talking, it was $20 dollar cover charge now. We refuse to pay and left but before we did we notice something different. Cops were every where and they were needed to make sure nothing happened. Also there was a big pink and some other colors on a Van parked out front advertising Lace Front Wigs..lol.. which was a huge sign that the once upscale club was meeting it's doom. I only hope that our sugar land community bans together to oust this kind of environment. Believe me, the M Lounge once represented all people but a very laid back social setting. It was beautiful inside. I think they are renting to some other people now. It's so sad that out neighborhood club has come to this. I hope that the owners will come to their senses and take back the lounge and restore it to it's previous slendor. What it is today you can find at any of the dives on Main street or some hole in the wall. Very disappointed.

4  Thank Mason G

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I never do reviews but I thought they deserved one. My husband and I were looking for a nice spot to relax and have fun on a Friday night. I heard about M lounge in sugarland. I was pleasantly surprised at this swanky spot. It was a nice mix of cultures with a nice ambiance. The drinks were awesome and the dj even bought me a shot and I didn't even know him(nice guy)!!! The dj mixed hip hop, house, old school, etc. and he didn't have you bored (video was a nice touch). Check it out for yourself but it worked for us!!

1  Thank Rxforu
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Love love love their lunch specials. I highly recommend the chicken korma, and their naan is to die for. Do not go in a rush- service is extremely slow.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is not a totally traditional Indian food place. I like to do lunch there because they have a wonderful prixe fixe menu that has not yet failed to surprise and delight.

It is in one of those locations that definitely make it a destination type of establishment. You just have to remember to pass ragibn Cajun.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

The food is reasonable but the service needs a lot of improvement. The way the inside is laid out, if you happen to sit in the longer leg of letter "L" no one looks at you. All the waiters are attending to the tables which are in the shorter leg of letter "L". Once a while, a waiter may show up in the side table arae.