All reviews the main house pedernales cellars texas hill country sunrise suite sun room lbj ranch the cottages carriage house lovely bed and breakfast lavender suite johnson city large bedroom b bs relaxing weekend peace and quiet an easy drive anniversary weekend
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I have been visiting Rose Hill for the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. The staff is consistently welcoming and accommodating. Dinner is elegant and the perfect ending to a day of travel. As a San Antonio native, I feel Rose Hill is a perfect way to experience the Texas Hill country. Order the cheese tray, a bottle of wine, and relax on the patio :-) Because of my visits to Rose Hill, I have visited Select Registry properties in Michigan, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. Without exception, they have all been wonderful. Rose Hill is a destination. Should you visit Rose Hill during the Summer months, there is an amazing pool in Stonewall by the LBJ National Historic Park.

Room Tip: If you are an early riser and desire to watch the sky change as the sun rises (from your room), go for the Sunrise Suite or the Lavender Suite. Sleeping in? The Sunset Room is one of my favorites. If you desire the most solitude, Oak Grove Cottage is my favorite. My second choice is Hilltop Cottage. Both wonderful....just my choices.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Rose Hill Manor was a great B&B! The room was really spacious and clean. It was everything we had hope for in a B&B. The food was amazing - this includes Breakfast & Dinner. The Breakfast was a 3-course breakfast that you change up each day if you wanted. The dinner was a 3-course meal, as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Everything about this place was perfect! We stayed in the Sunset suite which included an enclosed room with a view toward the sunset, as well as acess to the huge 2nd floor veranda. I'm kind of partial to this place now since I proposed to my future wife on the veranda right at sunset. The bed was very comfortable, room was quiet very clean, and the whole staff extremely friendly. Breakfast was perfect and we chose to have dinner one night in our enclosed patio...service during each course was very accomodating. (food was exceptional too). We also did a full day wine trip and would recommend going with one of the smaller services that are more personal and flexible in their tours. We used Mike Kasburg from www.hcwinetours.com - he was fantastic.

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for...best view would be from the second floor veranda. Go with one of the cabins if the jacuzzi or slightly more privacy is required. (although the enclosed porch and very limited hotel access to the 2nd floor veranda serves that purpose as well)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank will f
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have been a guest at Rose Hill Manor a couple of times now, and I always enjoy it tremendously.
The Hill Country setting is so peaceful and it is very conducive to stargazing, romance, or just putting your feet up and relaxing. The innkeepers and the staff work very hard to make sure that the rooms are spotless and the food is spot-on.
By the way, I love the food that this B&B produces. I have eaten the food from 2 different chefs now and it has always been beyond great. It is like visiting a 5 star restaurant without having to get into your car to go anywhere. The waiters are always very friendly and always take the time to describe what is being served. The wine pairings are fun, and recommended since it really enhances the experience.
The rooms and property are always spotless and, if there are ever any problems, the owners are right there to repair it. The property is nicely landscaped and there are lots of areas to explore if that is your desire. There are also lots of fun things to do in Fredricksburg, Johnson City, or the LBJ ranch. (Be sure and go to see the Admiral Nimitz WW II museum in Fredricksburg if you are a history buff.)
I realize that I am "gushing" a little bit about this place but I have stayed at dozens and dozens of B&B's all over the state, many of them wonderful, and Rose Hill and the good people of Rose Hill are simply the best. (Kudos to the staff!!! Very friendly and very professional.)
Stay there once and you WILL come back. I know that I will.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmcb500
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed on a solo trip to an area I've always wanted to visit. After considering many places I decided to stay at Rose Hill. The setting in the hill country surrounded by pastures and trees was gorgeous. The chef is one of the best; I would eat there again anytime and the somalier did a good job pairing food and wine! I stayed in the Hilltop Cottage which is big and lovely BUT the cable didn't work, the DVD player didn't work and I had to ask for a fan as the a/c was temperamental and didn't always cool the cottage. There were many things to do in the area but I would probably stay some where else if I visited again. However, I would definitely make dinner reservations at Rose Hill!

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works or that they provide a fan to help with air circulation
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
chocolatewoman, Owner at Rose Hill Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

We're sorry we couldn't fix the problems this reviewer had more quickly. Certainly, the Hilltop and Oak Grove cottages are not the ones to pick at hot times during the year if you want your room to be less than 68-70 degrees. They open directly onto the deck and just don't seem to stay as cool as the rest of the rooms when it is really hot. Unfortunately, as with all technology, the Dish satellite equipment went out over this weekend, and we had to wait for their repairman to come and fix it. We always try to respond to any issues our guests have as quickly as possible, but are sometimes at the mercy of the schedules of companies like Dish.