“A Relaxing, Decadent Anniversary”
Review of Rose Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonewall
Rose Hill Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Stonewall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband booked our 7th anniversary trip to stay at Rose Hill Manor on a lark and we were overwhelmed! The service was impeccable, the food amazing, the room wonderful, and the views breathtaking. Adam who greeted us on our arrival was very friendly and easy to talk to. He had an answer to every question we had. At breakfast Amanda provided our service and she was great she even remembered to send a plastic bag to our room the day we decided to be lazy. The attention to detail and the people at Rose Hill will bring us back many times.

Our room was a very spacious cottage that had a very home like feel with huge windows to enjoy the view of the Texas Hill County. Pedernales Cellars was just a short walk away and our room stay included a "five flight" tasting of their wines and then we did a tour. The people at Pedernales were just as friendly as the people at Rose Hill.

A review of Rose Hill would not be complete without talking about their food. In one word, heavenly. The Apple Bread in the morning melted in your mouth. Several mornings we enjoyed Opa's Sausage which is produced locally. The night we ate at the restaurant, Austin's, we had filet Mignon which melted in your mouth. If you don't stay at the B&B, at least for dinner one night.

We can not wait to go back! Thank you Rose Hill for making our anniversary one to remember.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I have been visiting Rose Hill for the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. The staff is consistently welcoming and accommodating. Dinner is elegant and the perfect ending to a day of travel. As a San Antonio native, I feel Rose Hill is a perfect way to experience the Texas Hill country. Order the cheese tray, a bottle of wine, and relax on the patio :-) Because of my visits to Rose Hill, I have visited Select Registry properties in Michigan, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. Without exception, they have all been wonderful. Rose Hill is a destination. Should you visit Rose Hill during the Summer months, there is an amazing pool in Stonewall by the LBJ National Historic Park.

Room Tip: If you are an early riser and desire to watch the sky change as the sun rises (from your room), go f...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Rose Hill Manor was a great B&B! The room was really spacious and clean. It was everything we had hope for in a B&B. The food was amazing - this includes Breakfast & Dinner. The Breakfast was a 3-course breakfast that you change up each day if you wanted. The dinner was a 3-course meal, as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Everything about this place was perfect! We stayed in the Sunset suite which included an enclosed room with a view toward the sunset, as well as acess to the huge 2nd floor veranda. I'm kind of partial to this place now since I proposed to my future wife on the veranda right at sunset. The bed was very comfortable, room was quiet very clean, and the whole staff extremely friendly. Breakfast was perfect and we chose to have dinner one night in our enclosed patio...service during each course was very accomodating. (food was exceptional too). We also did a full day wine trip and would recommend going with one of the smaller services that are more personal and flexible in their tours. We used Mike Kasburg from www.hcwinetours.com - he was fantastic.

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for...best view would be from the second floor veranda. Go with one...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank will f
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have been a guest at Rose Hill Manor a couple of times now, and I always enjoy it tremendously.
The Hill Country setting is so peaceful and it is very conducive to stargazing, romance, or just putting your feet up and relaxing. The innkeepers and the staff work very hard to make sure that the rooms are spotless and the food is spot-on.
By the way, I love the food that this B&B produces. I have eaten the food from 2 different chefs now and it has always been beyond great. It is like visiting a 5 star restaurant without having to get into your car to go anywhere. The waiters are always very friendly and always take the time to describe what is being served. The wine pairings are fun, and recommended since it really enhances the experience.
The rooms and property are always spotless and, if there are ever any problems, the owners are right there to repair it. The property is nicely landscaped and there are lots of areas to explore if that is your desire. There are also lots of fun things to do in Fredricksburg, Johnson City, or the LBJ ranch. (Be sure and go to see the Admiral Nimitz WW II museum in Fredricksburg if you are a history buff.)
I realize that I am "gushing" a little bit about this place but I have stayed at dozens and dozens of B&B's all over the state, many of them wonderful, and Rose Hill and the good people of Rose Hill are simply the best. (Kudos to the staff!!! Very friendly and very professional.)
Stay there once and you WILL come back. I know that I will.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmcb500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonewall
21.8 km away
9 km away
Full Moon Inn
Full Moon Inn
#13 of 82 in Fredericksburg

Been to Rose Hill Manor? Share your experiences!