“Chipped plates”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While the chicken fried steak and gravy was good, I didn’t appreciate my food being served on a chipped plate. The chip was about the size of a quarter. This was the second time this has happened. No more. They need to treat their customers like company!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The chicken fried steak was as good as the recommendations. It was a flaky crust on a tender piece of meat that was not grisly as other places can be. A simple salad with tasty sides. I had the Lima beans which were cooked with bacon for a lot of flavor. Jalapeño Mac and cheese was tasty but could be a little more creamy. Mashed potatoes and white gravy were great with the chicken fried steak. The waitress later told me cheese sauce can be substituted for the gravy so I am definitely coming back to try it that way.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Oh wow! Glad our family from New Braunfels took us here. Let me say that the Jalapeño Mac-n-Cheese is superb! I also had the Liver and onions with grilled asparagus and was also great. Seasoned large cut fries are good a bunch. Menu is varied, has lunch options, and has Frog Legs, chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, catfish, salad, and more. Atmosphere is rustic and casual. Wood framed and wood floors. Simple tables & chairs adorn the place. Ambiance is nice. They are expanding even bigger out back, so come on down! And, their ice tea is a rich brew. Tea that you can actually taste the love put into brewing it. And if you want a cold brew, they have those too. Lots of parking and a great bunch of staff nice as can be. Grab your favorite significant other and enjoy. A place where you feel welcome and leave full. Great peach cobbler too, among other desserts. You will like this place!

1  Thank MikeG105
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped by because the parking lot was full and we were hungry. I could instantly tell it was a local favorite. There was a bit of a wait but not horrible- about 20 minutes.

Appetizer: fried mushrooms- these were so good. I would definitely recommend. They were perfectly fried. Taste was amazing.

Entrees: We got the lunch special. Chicken fried steak and the fried fish. My husband like his chicken fried steak. He ordered macaroni and mashed potatoes as his sides.

I was not a fan of the fried fish. It had absolutely no taste to it. I also did not like the batter used. I ordered mashed potatoes with gravy and French fries. Mashed potatoes were good but did not like the French fries.

Decor: loved the decor. They had a hunting theme with deer heads all over. They have the fishing channel on their TV.

Service: it was good but could have been better. My husband had to ask for refills. We came as rush hour was dwindling so by the time we were done eating there were plenty of open tables.

I can’t remember the exact cost for our meal but it was around $22. So it was not bad considering all we ordered.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Love the daily lunch specials. Awesome waitstaff. Affordable. Highly recommended. Best chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, and salads.