“First time visit”

The Catfish Station
Ranked #42 of 519 Restaurants in Spring
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

It won't be the last. Great food. Wasn't sure when I walked in but everyone was cordial and the food excellent.

There are newer reviews for The Catfish Station

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Catfish is crispy with the right amount of seasoning. The gumbo was wonderful ( dark roux like I make). Very dissapointed in the boudin (no flavor what so ever - missing the holy trinity - onions, celery and bell pepper)

Reviewed 10 May 2017

When my Wife returned from the store, we headed out for Lunch at the Catfish Station (Kuykendahl). We have not been here before but I have read reviews on this Foodie Club, and we wanted to give them a try ... especially since they are fairly close to us. W'e arrived around noon and there are a few people here, but no waiting for the line to order. We like the decor inside, done up pretty simple, but nice. We looked over the Menu Board and placed our order with Lafayette Smith, the cashier / place your order guy. We both are having the 'Catfish Snack'; 3 Hand Battered Fried Catfish pieces, served over a bed of French Fries & 1 Hush Puppy. My Wife is substituting the French Fries for a Salad with Ranch. We chose two types of Tartar Sauce, the Spicy and Remoulade Sauce. I'm having a Moonshine Peach Sweet Tea for my drink.

After we ordered, we picked up our utensils and other stuff and located a table. In a couple of minutes, Lafayette brought over our food, along with a bowl of Lemon slices. Their description says 'pieces', but they are not 'pieces', these are really Big Filets of Catfish ... Golden Brown Big Filets of Catfish ... and they look Delicious. My Wife's Salad is also a good size and looks Beautiful. They call this the 'Catfish Snack', but is a pretty good size meal. Squeezed a little lemon on one Catfish, dipped it in the Spicy Tartar Sauce and took a bite. This is some goooooood stuff. Served very Hottt, is Flaky, Fresh, Tasty and loving that Batter ... Very, Very Tastylicious, with a Kick from the Spicy Sauce. All the Catfish were the same ... Delicious ... I ate all three of mine plus one of my Wife's, because she was full from eating two of them, and her Salad. Their French Fries reminded us of the French Fries on South Padre Island. SPI has the Best French Fries in Texas. These are very close to those. Each Fry is coated with Crunchliciousness. I'm not a Hush Puppy guy, but these were very tasty, moist and just enough sweetness ... and I ate'em both. My Wife said her Salad was Fresh and Very Tasty. The Moonshine Peach Sweet Tea was also very Flavorful and Tasty ... and non-alcoholic, by the way. Catfish Station is also B.Y.O.B., just so you know.

My Wife and I were both very pleased with the food, service, atmosphere, etc. This is one really good place to eat. They have lots to choose from on their Menu.

They have a Tip Jar on the counter, and yes, there is a Dollar Bow Tie award in there, along with a Tip. The place inside is very clean, neat, and all the Staff here is Very Good. We will be back to try some of their other items from the Menu Board.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My family & I have been here several times & have tried several dishes. I've waited to review them because this is somewhat of new restaurant (maybe open slightly over a year) & I do understand that it takes time to nail down a routine & how to cook consistently etc.... The staff is very friendly & attentive. However, in my opinion the food is not that great. The grilled fish & shrimp dishes are horrendous. Just skip on ordering ANY of their grilled items. The fried food options are a bit better but it's not consistent. Some days (like today) the fried catfish & shrimp are WAY overcooked. Seriously, they were hard as a rock. And other day's the food is ok, only ok. We continue to visit this establishment in hopes that as it grows the consistency of the food will grow & become a bit more stable. Not to mention that "Catfish Station's" are independently owned & operated. What can I say?, I guess we love our "Mom & Pop" local restaurants. We hope things change soon or we may have to find a new place to eat seafood!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We started ordering a pound of fried catfish with a large side of red beans and rice on many Saturday evenings . It is perfect for us. Then Poboys anyone? We use our catfish to make overstuffed poboys on another day.
Take it from a New Orleans native, the catfish is delicious.
P.S. try the grits ! You will be delighted.