“Unique dining experience, but loads of fun.”
Review of Bernie's Backyard

Bernie's Backyard
Ranked #18 of 519 Restaurants in Spring
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I met my daughter for lunch here and it was really fun. Got to choose from different food trucks and put together a truly interesting lunch. We had spring rolls, truffle fries, beet salad and grilled chicken. Not very expensive but loads of fun doing it.

There are newer reviews for Bernie's Backyard

Reviewed 17 June 2017

It's a bit different here. A bar, collection of food trucks and seating. Whilst I did not eat, there are a few different types of food trucks to choose from.

The bar itself has a good array of beers and usual alcoholic drinks. All non alcoholic drinks are from the food trucks. Seating is plentiful. Under the stars or under canopy depending on the Houston weather.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

For my Birthday Lunch, my Wife and I went to Bernie's Backyard for some Black Garlic Burgers. Before we ordered, we went inside to the Bar (it's my Birthday, it's okay) and ordered some Drinks. They have a Bloody Mary on Special (only $3.00), so that's what we got. This is something very Special indeed. It is Strong on the Bloody Mary Flavor ... Spicy ... Flavorful and Delicious. We took a couple of sips and then ordered at Black Garlic.

My Wife ordered the 'Scorpion' (as a salad); Custom Ground 1/2 pound Patty topped with Roasted Pepper, Pico, Avocado & a Balsamic Reduction with Spicy Togarashi Aioli,l Artisian Bacon and Havarti Cheese on a Bed of Greens. I am going with their 'Veggie Burger' as a Double. I've always wanted to try this because I saw a picture of it on Facebook and it Looked Deliciously Yummy. They call it the 'Good God It's A Good Seed Burger'; Two Hemp Veggie Patties combines the Ancient Grain Millet, Superfood Hemp & Chia Seeds, Fresh Veggies, Herbs, Micro Greens, Rocket, Confit Tomatoes with Sundried Tomato Aioli & Havarti on a Craft Bun.

Cliff Evans came out for awhile (he is always busy creating deliciousness and taking care of business). Great seeing him again. This guy works waaaaay tooooo hard to bring you some of the Best Tasting Burgers Ever. Anyway, we enjoyed more of those Bloody Mary's while we waited for our food. A few minutes later Cliff brought out our Lunch. Lets just say that this is enough lunch for 3 people. My Wife's 'Scorpion Salad' looks Amazingly as it always does, and my 'GGIAGSB' (appreviated) is HUGE and looks ever so inviting. My Wife's Salad was cooked just the way she wanted it ... Perfect. The Scorpion is Very Flavorful, Juicy, Tasty and Delicious. Every bite gives you a combination of Delicious Flavors. This Burger Salad is one of the Best Around ... Anywhere, and I think one of their most popular. You have got to try this as a Burger or a Salad. Either way, you WIN. My 'GGIAGSB' definitely is the Best Veggie Burger I have ever had. I Love Steaks, Roast, Meatloaf, anything with Meat as a meal is Better ... but this Veggie Burger has so much flavor that you think you are eating Flavorful Meat of some sort. It is Peppery, Spicy (but not too much), Tasty, Deliciousness that you will never forget. Every mouthful makes your taste buds scream with delight. The combination of ingredients in this Huge Burger provides you with endless Flavoring and Deliciousness. I Love This Burger. My Wife had two bites of this and Loved it also. Such Deliciousness. My Wife could not finish all of hers, so I did ... and all of mine. I am Stuffed. But it's my Birthday, so it's okay.

After we finished, we rolled around Bernie's Backyard for awhile because we could not walk. This place is pretty Awesome. They not only have 'Black Garlic' (Best Burgers in the World), but 'the Naked Fry' (French Fries with Various Toppings & Philly Cheese Steak that will knock your socks off. And 'Cousin's Main Lobster' (Best Food Truck Ever). Paradise Gogi (Oh My Gogi - Korean-Mexican Fusion) and 'Cuzn's Custom BBQ', Barbecued Deliciousness. Come on out and give them a try, and if you have been here before, come on out again. These Food Truck and the Best Around Bar None... Check them out on your Facebook via Food Truck names. Bernie's Backyard also offers Free Entertainment Outdoors in a Covered Patio area, and a Bar inside with some of the Best Tasting Drinks, and Cold Beer. You Can't Beat Bernie's Backyard.

There is also a play area for the Kiddies, and a bunch of other stuff to keep you occupied, and of course eating some of the Best Foods Around. So, grab your Family, Relatives, Friends, Neighbors and go on out to Bernie's.

Thank You Cliff for another Amazing Delicious Meal and Thank You Baby for spending my Birthday with me enjoying what we like best ... eating. Actually, it's just being together ... nothing is better. Love You.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Great selection of food trucks but expensive! If you like Asian flair and unusual eats, this is th eplace for you. Thney also have gourmet burgers and other options, but most are in the $10+ per person price range. I suppose this is typical for food trucks, but still a little pricey.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My boyfriend and I stopped by Bernie's while on a mini-vacation last month and we were so impressed! I've never experienced the "food truck" scene so I never knew just how awesome the food could be! We had the opportunity to sample most of the trucks and the owners were super nice and friendly. Each one spent time telling us about their history, specialties, etc...and we felt right at home.

Outside of the actual bar there was a group playing a game and we were welcomed to play. Everyone was so friendly. Inside the bar was the same...inviting, and definitely a place I'd like to visit again.