“Always beats expectations”

Italian Cafe
Ranked #22 of 536 Restaurants in Spring
Price range: USD 8 - USD 22
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Welcome to Italian Cafe! We're an intimate local eatery featuring Italian classics in a warm, casual environment. Family owned and operated, Italian cafe has been serving Spring since 2009! At Italian Cafe, we pride ourselves on using only the freshest ingredients. All of our dishes are cooked to order, and we're certain you'll be able to taste the difference! Our restaurant features an open-style kitchen, so you can watch as our chefs prepare your meal. Our menu features a wide variety of options, including appetizers and salads, classic and baked pasta, gourmet pizzas, and chicken, veal, and fish entrees. Try our famous Spaghetti Marinara with fresh, homemade tomato sauce. Or, indulge in our Veal Veronese, made with tender veal cutlets and shrimp pan-seared with artichoke hearts in a light white wine cream sauce. Top it all off with a glass of your wine for an unforgettable dining experience. We also offer catering services and host private parties and luncheons! Choose from our menu options or request a specialty dish to impress your guests. For quality food at an affordable price, come to Italian Cafe! We look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I've been here several times and never anything short of excellent. I am stuck on their meat lasagna, among the best I've ever eaten. Service is always good with a fast, friendly staff. I love this place.

Syl1234, Owner at Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review, Don -- what a compliment! We hope to see you again soon for more of that fave lasagna.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I was craving lasagna, and noticed good reviews for Italian Cafe so we decided to try it. We got spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer. It was very watery, basically we had to scoop out the spinach and artichoke pieces and place them on the pita points it came with...it was not a ship consistency but flavor was ok. The news came with rolls that were tasty. The lasagna was nice and hearty. Marinara sauce was a bit sweet for my taste but good nonetheless. Our server was attentive and did a good job. Prices were reasonable for the portion sizes. I saw pizza at other tables that looked delicious so next time I'll probably try the pizza. In sum, if you're wanting a casual Italian meal, consider going here, it will satisfy the craving!

Syl1234, Owner at Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thanks for your review, Ellary. I'm so sorry to hear that our spinach artichoke dip was a bit watery -- that's definitely not our style. I'm glad you loved everything else, and I hope you come back soon to explore more of our menu!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We visited this pleasant establishment since our favorite was closed on Monday. We started with spinach and artichoke dip with triangle crackers. They were suppose to be toast with parmesan but was just soft crackers. The dip was good but we had to pouroff a shot glass of olive oil (too oily). I had fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and my partner had chicken Leonardo. Both were good dishes but not the best I've ever had. Mine was creamy but had a strange aftertaste to it. Not sure what it is. The kids had pepperoni pizzas wbich were good. The garlic rolls were good and the blue cheese dressing was great. Al in all it was good and we would come back. Please, bring a big spoon to the table. This is how it's done in little Italy. This is a must with pasta.

Syl1234, Owner at Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

It's great to know that we've earned another visit -- thanks so much for dining with us! We're all about serving up rich, authentic Italian dishes, and we appreciate your feedback on our spinach and artichoke dip. We're glad you enjoyed everything overall, and we're confident your next experience will be even better. That said, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We moved to Houston from NYC recently and have been trying to find good, non-chain restaurants. After having a bad day at work I just craved a glass of wine and a good bowl of pasta. FOUND IT. The food was excellent. The pasta was not over cooked and the veggies were cooked lightly. Traditional marina no sugar added. Great bruschetta. Huge chicken parm. Brought home cheese ravioli with alfredo for my son, who said he liked them almost as much as the Queen Anne ravioli from Brooklyn. We met the chef/owner , Leo, who was gracious. We will definitely be back!!!!

Syl1234, Owner at Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

We're so glad we were able to offer a comforting meal, Kelly, and welcome to Texas! We love sharing our authentic recipes with our guests, and we're thrilled that it shows. :) Hope to see you and your son again soon. And I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to me staff!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Nice quiet restaurant.Small and personal. Not like a large chain. The food is good and the service is great. Mid range pricing. A pretty good value .

Syl1234, Owner at Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thanks for coming to see us, Bill! Our favorite thing about being independently owned is that family recipes and hospitality are still king -- we love that you noticed. :) Hope to see you back soon!

Take care,