“Great place to see top notch singers and songwriters in an acoustically superb small venue!”
Review of Dosey Doe Big Barn

Dosey Doe Big Barn
Ranked #19 of 519 Restaurants in Spring
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Dosey Doe Big Barn is a truly remarkable music venue for several reasons. They present first-rate performers in a small, close-up space with excellent acoustics. Dosey Doe serves a good dinner before the concert. The location is easy to find and to access, and they've recently improved their parking capacity.

The performer line-up includes many people you might rarely get to see up close like this in such a small venue.

I think the seating is about 300 downstairs and about 100 more upstairs, and the back wall is only about 40 feet from the stage. One on recent visit, I could touch the stage from my table without getting out of my seat.

Some of the performers are in the later period of their lives where they have limited their touring, and the opportunities to see them are few, and getting to see them can be nostalgic for some of us. Other performers are still engaged in a major touring stage of their careers and are still filling much larger venues.

On this visit to Dosey Doe we saw Wynonna Judd and the Big Noise. She and her band gave a great show to an enthusiastic audience. She told us that she had never performed up close and personal like this and that it's a different feel for her.

Other performers we have seen there over the years include Vince Gill, Don McLean (American Pie, Vincent), Larry Gatlin, B.J. Thomas, Mason Williams (Classical Gas), Jimmy Webb (MacArthur Park, Wichita Lineman), Jerry Jeff Walker, and Leon Russell.

The acoustics are possibly perfect, the music sound the way you think it's supposed to sound, and the good notes don't get away. It's hard to imagine that a major freeway is right outside; we've been there many times and I've never heard any outside noise.

The food and service are good. On this visit I had a chicken fried steak (practically a staple for me) and it was one of the better ones I've had anywhere lately.

I highly recommend this great music experience.

There are newer reviews for Dosey Doe Big Barn

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This unique venue to see old time entertainers up front and personal... a great room with wonderful sound mixing ...If in the Houston area it is well worth the travel to see a show in this 160 year old barn... Check there web site for a list of entertainment coming up...For all you local Houstonians, don't miss out on this gem right in your back yard

1  Thank STULETSEAT
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the music and the vintage country styled furnishings. The menu didn't have exactly what I was looking for but the experience was good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Saw Marshall Tucker Band (who were good), and we were just a few seats down from the stage. The music was great, but so loud, that hubby and my ears were ringing for a couple of days after the show....

Food was awful. I had the tuna-- was way overcooked, and asked the server to bring a side of mashed potatoes for me to eat.. Hubbys was 'OK', but not great.... The tickets were a gift, so I guess I can't complain, but for the price, we were rather disappointed.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We are here almost every month, the remodel and stage relocation hasn't hurt the acoustics one bit. Instead of going out to eat at one of the local chain restaurants while enjoying the experience of live music. The food is good, the coffee is good and the music is great.