“ADA patrons beware”

Barry's International
Price range: USD 2 - USD 45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Garden Grill is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island. This South Padre restaurant features wide variety of menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner, from a huge breakfast buffet in the morning to everything from seafood to pizza and pastas for lunch and dinner hours.The breakfast buffet features a huge selection of breakfast items: fresh omelets made-to-order, bacon, sausage and roast potatoes, a wide selection of breads and baked items, breakfast cereals and juices.The lunch and dinner is served after 11am and features excellent burgers and steaks, Tex-Mex and Italian cuisines, a wide array of fresh seafood dishes and pizzas in family and individual sizes. Guests at the Hilton Garden Inn can enjoy room service from the Garden Grill as well as food and food and beverage service to the ocean-side swimming pool and beachside deck! The in-house bar and lounge features a world-class selection of beers and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited on Monday, April 2nd at 8:30 PM. Upon arrival, with my dad in a wheelchair, I saw that the bar did not have ADA accommodations and the restaurant part by the bar did have a section closed sign posted. Yet, in the bar there were 4 large screen TV's with the game on. So, I inquired with the wait staff if we could sit in the bar section because my dad was in a wheelchair and we wanted to watch the final NCAA basketball game. The restaurant section did have the game, but was on 1 32 " TV that was not conventionally located and only had a partial view. The waitstaff told us yes, that was fine sit in the bar section. After 10 minutes the bartender did come over and ask if we wanted drinks, we said yes, but we wanted to order food as well, he said OK and would get a server. Next the restaurant host came over and told us we could not order from a closed section. She asked if we saw the close sign. I confirmed yes we saw the sigh but I asked a waitstaff person before we sat down and he said it was OK. She said, sorry but food can only be ordered from the other section. At this point I was upset and told her I already asked about sitting in this section because I did not want to transition my dad from his wheelchair to table unnecessary. Yet, she said we wold have to move. Mind you , the restaurant section was only about 25 feet away and only had 2 other parties in the section at this time. I presented again that my dad was in a wheelchair and I had specifically asked before we settled, but she said we would have to move. So...we moved...if my dad was not "worn out" I would have left that place fast!! I could not believe that we had to move 25 feet away to a section that only had 2 other parties. I do not know the ADA regulations in this county..but I will inquire. All we wanted was to be close to a big screen TV to watch the game and order some food. Yet it seems if you are in a wheelchair you are not accommodated at this restaurant. I am also concerned that a Hilton Property would allow this to happen. As a frequent Hilton guest, I am very disappointed that a restaurant on their property would allow this to happen.

1  Thank Lisa A

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Went to many restaurants over a four day span. Right under my nose was the best one I went to! We were staying at the Hilton!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with had a hard time finding it since it is located inside the Hilton. Ordered the sampler and the potato skins were good, mozzarella sticks were good also but the hot wings weren’t hot(temperature wise) and the blooming onion was excessive and not cooked amazing. Won’t be coming back.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This restaurant was in our hotel. They have a special every night for only $5.95 and it is something that is on their regular menu. Ate there several times and was not disappointed with any of my meals.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has great food don't get me wrong but there should be more than two waiters when the hotel is so busy. I also saw no bussers I saw front desk people have to help the waiters which really isn't a big deal. My waiter Pedro was super busy he had boat load of tables but still managed to keep my table happy and refreshed. He's a great young man and had a great conversation about valley sports. In all this place is a great friendly place with great food but could use more help.