“Quiet and clean!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Monica R
New Braunfels, Texas
“Quiet and clean!”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I traveled with my daughter and my sister for this trip and I take my daughter camping every year for her birthday, this year she wanted to go to the beach. I came across this listing and decided to give it a shot. When we arrived the house was clean and very nicely decorated. It did smell a little musky but being so close to the water I don't know if there is a way to avoid that all together. I always pack air fresheners when I travel because you never know so the smell wasn't an issue for long. When we arrived on Saturday the area was busy with other vacationers and families but inside the house you would never know because it was so quiet. I brought my Amazon Fire TV stick to watch movies on the TV but it was hard to consistently stay connected to the internet, not sure why but there was regular tv and I brought a book for entertainment. The kitchen was on the small side but I didn't go there to make gourmet meals so it was perfect for what I needed it for. The rooms had a lot of closet space but I do wish there were more dresser space in the room with the bunk beds. The TV was nice and the couches were comfortable. The dining table is beautiful and I wish I had one that sturdy in my home! The inside track for the sliding glass door to the pool started to come up while we were there. I called the owners and they were on top of the issue! I called later in the day so it was too late for someone to come out that day but the next day they had someone come out and fix it within minutes! The pool was just the right size for lounging and relaxing. We didn't use the outside shower much except to rinse our feet off and that was truly convenient. The location to the beach, turtle rescue and shops is great and we walked to the Stripes gas station for cold treats like icees and oreo pudding!
My daughter loved it and that was my main concern and she wants to go again next year for her birthday. I would highly recommend staying at Beachnuts!

Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
25 Aug 2015
We really enjoyed having you as a guest and would love to have you stay again. Thanks
trophyhea...
Texas
“The Beach House You Wish You Owned”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I've stayed in 10 different South Padre Rentals in as many years and this is my new favorite. The only thing that gave me pause when considering it was the single bathroom. And I can now tell you that even with 3 teenagers that was never an issue. The kitchen is well-stocked and just right for assembling beach lunches or setting out a breakfast buffet. The living room couches are seriously comfortable. The second bedroom is great for accommodating big or small kids and you feel tucked away and comfortable in the master bedroom (which has a cable TV of its own). AC works great. The private pool is a huge plus and the location is excellent. Wanna Wanna Beach Grill--the best shrimp baskets, people watching and turbo pina coladas on the island--is in walking distance. And here's the thing: if something isn't working right or you have an issue, you will get a response from the owner immediately. That is not the case with many properties, I can assure you. Also, being able to arrive and walk right into the house and not go through a property management waiting line: What are you hesitating for? Rent this house.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and layout, the dining table that seats 8 and also the pool.
Liked least: Single bath, but hey, it's the beach.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Aug 2015
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to have you stay again in the near future. thank you
ldiamond2...
Plano, Texas
“Cramped but fine - needs maintenance”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My family which includes 4 children ages 9-22 stayed for 2 weeks from 6/27-7/11. It looked really nice from the photos but upon arrival we discovered that the pool furniture was falling apart, the fridge was not cooling adequately, the bathroom door was coming apart (and has comments regarding plumbing issues written in red in the door facing) and the roaches were out of control (including climbing into the beds) and could be seen coming in under the front door and door to the garage. Fortunately most maintenance issues were dealt with promptly and we had a good time. It's very close to the beach and the kids really enjoyed the pool. While it's advertised as accommodating 6 people, I wouldn't recommend it to a group that large - 6 people can't even sit together in the living room.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach and the private pool
Liked least: The maintenance issues
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Scott F
San Antonio, United States
“Nice stay in a great location!”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We rented this property after looking at several other options. The location was GREAT! It was within close walking distance to the beach and a well stocked convenience store. The pool was really nice for relaxing after a day at the beach. The rental had a small well equipped kitchen and a comfortable living room. The rooms were just the right size for our family of four. Would definitely book this rental again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jun 2015
Hello Scott, glad you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you as a guest again. Thanks
Andrea I
“Nice little unit!”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed this property very much. The kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room are small, but the unit as a whole is nice and functional. The private pool was extremely nice, especially with the bad weather we had preventing us from spending more time at the beach. Our two girls (9 and 6 years old) kept finding frogs in the pool, and trying to "save" them. They got a ball and snorkeling gear and had a really great time in that pool. We had an accident in the bathroom. The shower curtain rod was loose at our arrival and our 6 year old went in for her bath first. As she pulled the curtain open, the rod fell down on her nose, giving her a cut. My husband tried to tighten it, and we didn't have any more problems with it falling on us, but it remained a bit loose. Also, the rail for the top bunk of the bunk bed was loose. The other problem that we had was with the Wi-Fi, we had a hard time getting signal and kept getting disconnected. Other than that, everything was clean and working properly, and the unit was stocked with the basics to have a great time in the island. Patsy, the property owner, responded our messages promptly and was flexible and helpful at all times. I really liked the easiness of the check-in and check-out processes, right at the property. Thank you! Even with the bad weather and the biker fest going on, our weekend in South Padre was relaxed and fun!

Liked best: The private pool
Liked least: The small kitchen and bathroom and poor Wi-Fi signal
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
23 Apr 2015
Hello Andrea, glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope your daughter is ok. I was not aware of the shower curtain rod being faulty and the loose board on the bed, but they will be fixed. thanks
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing