“MEXICAN FOOD”

Catrina's Cocina & Tequila Bar
Ranked #24 of 140 Restaurants in Sherman
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I went there and found this is to be a nice place to eat. Our server G.Baltazar was very good and telling me the specials and recommended the Fajitas and he was right on target. They were good and tasty.
Our server kept up with drinks and chips during a busy time of day.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a family late lunch. Nice clean restaurant. Service was a bit slow considering it was in between busy meal times.. The food was ok. Some at our table said their food was awsome other comments just ok. Depends on how you like your mexican/tex mex food! I'd eat here again though.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

It had been months since I had been at that part of town and I usually ate at another Mexican restaurant in that area. However, this past weekend we noticed that the other had went out of business so this one was nearby and thought we'd give it a shot.

It used to be an Italian place and had the same layout. I really liked the large characters they have outside. Frankly, I thought it was a little dark and it was quite hard for me to read the menu, which was in small print. Once we ordered our food was fast. It was okay. Not the worst we've had but not the best. The portions are large, though.

Not too many people were there the time of day we went. Every time an employee walked by us they asked if we needed anything. However, the employee assigned to us was a little slow on getting what we wanted (extra drink, carryout container).

Prices are mid-range....about what you'd expect for this type of restaurant.

I love Mexican food but probably won't visit this place again.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

If you have a taste for Mexican food and you happen to be in Sherman, Texas, Catrina's is the perfect spot. Excellent food, friendly staff, and a reasonable price! Plus having cold beer doesn't hurt!
I hope I'm in the area on Cinco De Mayo!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I'm 0 for 2 at this place. They have a large menu with options, but I didn't find anything I like so far. Service was quite slow as well. We visited when it was still new, so maybe they've improved.

1  Thank TKitch21