“excellent bargain”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sherman
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I booked this hotel thru Hotwire where room price was listed as $104 but special price was $73. Having stayed at this hotel in the past we knew it was very nice and the price was low for the Sherman, TX area. Upon arrival around 9:15 pm we were greeted by June at the front desk. She inquired about my having a broken ankle and June said she'd get us in our suite immmediately on the third floor. At this hour the parking lot was extremely full as there were a lot of business trucks so we didnt get real close to the door we needed. However, upon entering the room we were shocked to find a beautiful spacious 2 room suite. We had booked a king bedded room but this was way beyond our expectations. The air conditioner in both rooms worked very well in the almost 100 degree weather. Between 6 and 7 am the next morning there was noise from all the construction trucks leaving for the day and by the time we got down to breakfast at around 7:30 there was not a whole lot of food out, but adequate. There were made to order waffles, dry cereal, a few muffins, yogurt, but no other hot items such as eggs, bacon, sausage~~not sure if there had been but thought we remembered there were on our prior visit. This is the only reason for the "4" rating. Everything else was perfect and we would not hesitate staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I am a La Quinta Returns Reward member & I can tell you that from this experience on 7-14-12, I may NEVER return to another La Quinta again. When we drove up into the parking lot I knew we should have cancelled & found some place else to stay, but we were trying to honor the made reservation. 1st-painters and construction workers blocking the entrance to the hotel-they were painting. 2nd-parking limited-police cars & state game warden trucks everywhere. We were optimistic & thought that maybe they're having a conference. It was 96 degrees outside and there was very little air blowing inside the lobby (another sign to turn around). When I walked up to the counter, the CSR-June told us that our room wasn't ready we'd have to wait. She was preparing to leave. Cory came on duty and immediately gave a room to a couple that just walked in, with 2 bottles of water and a cookies. We inquired about if they had a special reservation and was told no, he apologized didn't know we were waiting. I pointed to June and said she knows we're waiting. June then says, "sorry sometimes things get away from us up here." Cory was awesome & gave us a room on the 3rd floor-Rm 314...we went to the elevator & immediately began sweating & when we got to the 3rd floor there was no air and we found the police & wardens...they were standing next to our room because whatever was happening was across the hall from our room. We went inside our room & it was a scorcher & was still dirty. The linens were black from foot prints (not sure if animal or human). We went back down & asked for our money back because we did not want to stay in a hot, dirty room across from the "investigation." We were told that they had no more rooms & June said she had no way of knowing that the room she gave us was across from the investigation nor that the air was out. "Things get away from them there." I asked for the newly appointed GM, Stephanie A. I was told that she was too busy and not properly dressed to address my concerns. She told Cory to just delete my reservation and tell me my money would be back on my card in 14 business days. Maybe LQ should rethink their choice for GM. I think Cory would be a better fit. Not only did he clean up June's mess (as she raved about a great internet review she received as she was leaving out the door) but he also handled the mess that his GM should have handled. Cory was the star employee and professional that evening and probably most evenings. Find someplace else to go!

Room Tip: Helpful Tip: find another HOTEL!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LadyLat
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed 5 nights at La Quinta. From check in to check out, our stay was above our expectations. The entire staff was friendly and always smiling. The room was large and well lit. We found nothing lacking in any way. We were originally going to stay 4 nights, then head to Oklahoma City for the day on our way back home to California. However, we decided to head to OKC for the day as planned, but changed our route home so that we could stay the 5th night here. We have stayed in other hotels in Sherman that were nice, but they don't come close to La Quinta. They work hard at keeping the place clean, comfortable and friendly without making it look like "work".

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Santeebratsmom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I like to review LQ's wherever I can b'c we stay there a lot, traveling with our dog, and the quality of the chain can vary a great deal. I was without the dog this time, and curiously did not see one single dog either night here in Sherman (some LQs are positively crawling with pups). What I did experience was a very good rate, a spacious and clean room, excellent TV selection and one of the nicest front desk crews I've encountered in a while. We even put them through their paces, changing room just after check-in, and needing to change our billing info before check-out, and they were fast and courteous. The hotel is next door to a good chain coffee place and near all kinds of convenient shopping/dining. It was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuckyWest
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The actual stay was fine, but I accidentally left a sham pillow and I have made probably 6 or 7 phone calls trying to get someone to respond. The manager finally called this morning and she said she would look in lost and found. How hard can it be to spot a brown polka-dotted pillow sham among a hotel's white bedding? I am honestly quite fed up with this hotel, but if you don't ever leave things behind then you shouldn't have any problem with them.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherman
0.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
11.0 km away
Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Sherman

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman? Share your experiences!