All reviews would stay here again ceiling fan large walk in shower nice hotel nice stay new braunfels recommend this hotel freeway inns muffins rates austin
Reviewed 1 July 2018

BE FOREWARNED!!!!!

We base our bookings on reviews. This place looked clean and legit. Show up on a Friday night and tell them we are splitting the cost with two separate cards. Go to our room and room was HOT. tried to turn on air conditioner and it was broke. Went downstairs to get another room which we were given. Ok fine.

Wake up in the morning go eat breakfast and while we are eating we decide to book our river tubing and our cards were declined. We check our online banking and Comfort Inn not only charged one card the full weekend price but also double charged my other card. We went to front desk to get the issue corrected where we were then told they showed one charge on each card. We asked to speak to manager but they were not there. When manager arrived who could not speak clear english, said she had to look into the matter. We were not only loss of money but our tubing is now on hold. At this point an hour and a half has passed and we are not being comforted at all. They have our money. We are asking our banks at this point what can be done and they are saying that it is in merchant hold meaning the merchant (comfort suites) has to call their cc terminal company and ask for a manual refund. The manager tell us they have done their investigating and again they only show one charge for each card. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We show them our online banking and they say call our banks. Our own banks tried explaining to the Manager and she said we had to wait to see the charges drop. NO offer of any compensation nothing what so ever, no apologies, we are crazy NOT THEIR PROBLEM!! We had money tied up, we are here and had to borrow money to do our outing. We wanted to check out immediately but with the money tied up we are not wanting more problems!!! Be warned!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanessa N
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in 3 different Comfort Inns on ou trip, and this was the best. It was big and roomy. The staff was kind. The rooms were clean. The price was right. We will be back. It was very convenient to the outlet malls, just down the highway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We actually intended to stay at the Comfort Suites on I-35 in San Marcos, but booked this hotel by accident. This property is only a few years old. It's located a little further south, but easily accessible from the interstate frontage road (east side). Comfortable bed, typical breakfast, nice staff, and a bit more reasonable than the previously mentioned Comfort Suites. We were here for a TXST graduation and the hotel served it's purpose well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We checked-in around 7:30 pm and I pulled open the sofa bed for my daughter and her friend and it was soiled. Pubic hairs and a nasty old gym sock stuck to the sheets. I pulled the sheets off and called guest services. They sent up housekeeping with clean sheets. That should’ve been the end of it. The sheets they brought up were wet. Not damp, wet. So I called downstairs but this time no one answered. Tried 3 times. Finally, I headed down with the wet sheets. At the front desk they had one poor soul handling guests checking-in and phones. This is a very large hotel. When she finally freed-up I asked for the manager. She was noticeably frustrated that she was left alone. She walks over to the managers office. Finally 2 managers walk out. Instead of helping their employee, they were in their office. I explain the situation and she says she’ll send up clean sheets. Clearly, employee and guest care is not management’s focus.

I waited 15 minutes and no sheets so i called downstairs. The same manager answered the phone and said she’ll check into it. She called back and said housekeeping was drying the sheets. I finally got my clean sheets brought up by the same housekeeper who brought the wet ones and she didn’t apologize. And of course did not offer to put them on the sofa bed. As a bonus, as I was putting on the sheets I noticed a half filled dirty coffee cup by the side of the sofa bed. Wonder how long that’s been there.

The manager did say she would add points to my HH account.

I’m a diamond Hilton Honors member and stay at many hotels. You can tell there’s weak leadership here.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank cubansamHouston_TX
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This could easily be given 5 stars, and in its' price range it is a 5 star hotel. Just spent one night here....our other local favorite was priced $40/more, and we just needed a place to rest while shopping for properties in the area. We were impressed as the hotel is new(er) and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is a family type hotel and was moderately quiet---you could hear the elephant stomping around upstairs which eventually went to sleep however (not the hotel's fault). The beds and linens were nice quality, the a/c worked very well. The room had a nice shower, but no tub if that is important to you. Breakfast is your typical buffet (but included at no charge). The location is convenient to I-35 and the towns of San Marcos and New Braunfels.

We would stay here again. The money we saved paid for our dinner, and we recommend this Comfort Inn especially if you are on a budget and want a nice, clean room.

Room Tip: very clean, non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple