“The real flavor of mexican food”
Review of Herbert's Taco Hut

Herbert's Taco Hut
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I just ate their for lunch in late January. Their is always a full lunch crowd, but worth
the wait. The service is excellent, and the food comes to your table really fast.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We have been going here for about 10 years. I was never a fan of cheese enchiladas until I had these! They don’t use the typical sauce but a gravy that is incredible. 2 cheese enchiladas, rice and beans for under $8. Love this place and frequently drive more than an hour out of the way to eat here. If you are traveling between Austin and San Antonio, stop here. You will be glad you did. It is not much to look at from the outside, but the food is great!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I make a point to eat here every time I’m visiting San Marcos. The food is reasonably priced and super tasty! I love their hot sauce and chips. The chips are always so fresh!

I typically get cheese enchiladas, which are delicious.

The place is family owned and always packed. The friendly, down home atmosphere keeps me going back.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Best enchiladas ever! The enchilada sauce is the secret but don't ask because they are keeping this a guarded secret. Very good hot sauce and fresh chips. The beans were fair and the rice was also good. Prices are a little higher than average but you will not leave hungry. They have a full bar and beer in bottles as well as draught. The soup was excellent but be prepared to take some home because of the large bowl size. Outdoor seating is available and children are welcome. Service can be slow if you come as a large group and at a busy time.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Went with our kids/grands. As usual, was a line waiting to get in.
Keep returning for our Herbert's fix when we visit San Marcos!
I like the combo plates, wife likes the Chkn quesadillas.
Great salsa/chips.