See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I actually did not get to stay, I can four hours from out of town just to have the rude lady not honor the reservation. She yelled at me and my friends and also cursed. I actually ended up missing my plans due to her unproffesionalism and I had to stay at the candlewood suites in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 March 2017

They've been working on updating, cleaning carpets, painting, repairs. My experience was wonderful. Microwave and mini refridge w/freezer. was exceptionally clean, tv, people are very kind. It isn't a posh delux resort....it's a fine overnight or few night stay. I plan to return....all I need is clean bed, clean sheets and towels and cold air conditioner....even plan to return as mini vaca....you're only there to sleep. I've stayed in Austin paying double at Howard Johnson and had leaking water fixtures in sink onto the floor and no working or empty vending machines. Thanks guys for my stay! Stay home if you want home instead of sight seeing. Yes, the towels are worn, but so are my towels at home. I'd rather stay here and drive the 35 miles into Austin for business than stay in Austin paying double for less than what this place offers.

Room Tip: I'm use to big city noise so even though next to interstate, I don;t recall any noise inside
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016

This was a cheap place to stay in San Marcos. It was CLEAN. The people were nice. No "modern amenities." I was by myself and was out except for a place to sleep. I would not recommend it if you were trying to do anything in the room. The parking lot was torn up--difficult to get into.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

If you just need a bed then that's ok. No light switches worked. Extremely hard to get into from bypass. And parking my truck in a tiny parking spot very difficult. Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2016

At check in I asked how to get onto the wi-fi. I was told it will just come up you don't need any password. Then I go to my room. The light switches at the door did not work. So I had to walk into a dark room to find the light switches that did work. Then the tv did not work. The bed spread had several stains on it. So I tried to connect to wi-fi so I could get information that I needed for that evening, and I could not connect. I called the front desk and was told that she would have to turn the wi-fi on. The lady came to my room to fix the tv and told me how to connect to wi-fi. I said that was why I asked how to connect when I checked in. The tv had to be turned on with a switch on the tv not the remote - didn't know that. The lights had to be turned on with a switch to get the light switches on the wall to work. Why would you fix the lights so they did not work at the only door in and out of the room. Whenever anyone in other rooms would turn on the water/flush the toilet the pipes would bang and make a lot of very loud noise. The lady in the room next to me made several phone calls, and I could hear every word as if we were in the same room. Outside noises were as clear inside my room as if there were no walls there. When I went to take a shower there was 1 bar of soap. No shampoo, cream rinse, or hand lotion. The shower was set very low so I had to bend down to get under the water. I am only 5'10". I will Never come back to this hotel again!

Driving to and from this location was not easy. It is on a one way street. Which means you have to go in a very large circle to get back to the holes once you leave. I would recommend GPS unless you know the city because there are many one way roads.

Room Tip: Look some where else
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo