See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable. Clean room, bathroom, working TV and fridge. Has a pool that's open from 10am-10pm, don't eat before going in you'll be too full. Come prepared with shorts you will want to get in the moment you arrive. Only downfall very limited selections on breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mahesh P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate you staying with us. we work hard to provide clean and comfortable rooms for all our guests and it is always encourage us to work hard. Your comment for my staff are great and I will share with my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you will be in our area.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I stay in Red Roofs when I Travel on Business.
I stay at least 2 to 3 weeks at same location.
General Manager, Mike and his staff made it more than pleasant, like family.
Cleanliness, even found me special pillow I needed.
If I had to be in another area, helped me to find best location,at the best price.
They made stay away from home,palatable at a fair price.
In a few words they were the BEST.
BOB MOHR

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Mahesh P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed at this wonderful property in September, 2017. I was going economy and chose it due to price. Little did I know upon my arrival, that my gorgeous, freshly updated room was comparable to another hotel chain which charges 2-3 times the rate I received.
The decor was beautiful and modern, wood laminate flooring, mahogany veneer furniture, bathroom and bedroom were spotlessly clean! I could tell the room was meticulously designed. The King bed was one of those beds that is so comfortable you don't want to get up. The whole experience was great! Friendly staff and accommodating as I stayed as long as I could.

Also, my room was quiet! I didn't hear anyone in the hall, no banging doors or stomping down the hall. The doors have an automatic slow=closing mechanism which is fantastic!
Tell the manager, Mike Patel, I recommended his place!

Room Tip: Hotel is in a great location right by Tx State and on Interstate 35
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you Larry for your review "Clean and Restful." I was thrilled when I read your detailed description of your stay with us. I will share this with my team. I am so happy that you would stay with us again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Manager was EXTREMELY accomodating to our crews. Since we didn't have any ground transportation during off-duty times, he gave us the keys to his new BMW to go to dinner. We thought he was kidding us but he handed us the keys.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for taking time for sharing your experience. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the San Marcos Red Roof.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

It was all right for a one night stay. It is convenient being next to the freeway. But how do you ignore and not fix or repair the little things that need repaired like holes in the wall? I hate when management make up excuses when they respond to your negative review. You know you have these problems and too cheap to do anything until you get called out on it. So I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business