Staybridge Suites San Angelo
USD 98*
Rodeway Inn(San Angelo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscottage cheesewaffleswithin walking distancenext morningihgstaybridgeshighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel has a full kitchen in each room. Some of the rooms have a separate bedroom and family room/kitchen and other rooms are just very large with a sitting area and kitchen. The hotel is decent but the rooms are starting to show a little wear. The elevator had not been cleaned in sometime and the carpet needed shampooing. But this said, if you need a room with a kitchen with silverware, dishes, pots and pans, toaster, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove this is the place. The only thing missing is an oven. So for an extended stay this is the place to go in San Angelo.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BorealForestDweller
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This property appeared to have been a recently constructed. At least it looked new and was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary “happy-hour” snacks and drinks in the lobby/dining area were a really nice touch and the breakfast was good too. I was impressed with the size of the room and quality of the furnishings. I’ll stay at this chain again if I am on a budget while traveling for business.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ecoaggie
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Light Touch is the service provided by housekeeping Monday thru Friday with service on weekends by request only. This means make the bed, empty trash can, replace towels period. No cleaning, no vacuum, no replace toiletries. Despite this policy, the place was clean, the room in good repair and the front desk staff willing to do all they could to make the stay pleasant. There is a "Sundowner Reception" on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The first night was make your own ham and cheese sandwiches on white bread. Beer, wine and soda were provided which helped one to forget that this is not dinner. A stroll to either side of the parking lot and you were at a popular chain restaurant (Cheddars or Johnny Carino's). There was a refrigerator and dishwasher in my room next to the bed which is why, I suppose, they could call this a suite. (also a microwave, sink and utensils, etc.) This is a Holiday Inn property not a Homewood Suites or Residence Inn. I would stay here again and recommend it with reservation now that I know what to expect. Free high speed wireless internet was slower than dial up was 10 years ago.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank allowat
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This is a nice hotel, and would be great if you were staying for a while (kitchen, suites with separate living area, etc.) but was just ok for a one night stay. Price was the same whether you had the suite or the king room with in room kitchen. Beds were good, pillows so-so. But we were traveling with a school group so the suites were good to spread out a group. Breakfast was good, and the staff was very nice, especially the night desk clerk who was patiently dealing with lots of school groups with lots of needs!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank lubbock09
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks (Feb 22-Mar 8). We ran into a few problems:

-They began construction on the roof (we were on the top floor) at 8am in the morning for more than half our stay. We had a few late nights but were unable to sleep in because of the incredibly loud crashes and bangs above our head. It sometimes sounded like the roof was about to crash down on us. We commented to Nikki at the front desk (who was the only great thing about this stay) and she did her best to alleviate the problem, but it seemed this was beyond her control. I think it would make more sense to begin construction AFTER check-out times at the very least.

-We did not receive a full service cleaning after 7 days. We reminded the front desk for two days until it was cleaned. Again it seemed despite the front desk's efforts, it was beyond their control again. All we really wanted was a good wipe down of everything and our sheets changed! There was a couple days too where (for some strange reason) we didn't get replenished on toiletries so we had to walk up to a housekeeping person for some down the hall. A little disappointing when you leave a tip every single day....

-Our room was not sound proof. You can hear every step made down our entire hall and every door opening and closing. (We stayed in the last room at the very end of the hallway too)

-Some nights when we tried to call the front desk it just rang and rang without anyone answering. When my spouse went down to front desk, they said when another room is on the line, no other rooms are able to connect.....? I don't even really know how to respond or comment on this, it make zero sense for a hotel to operate this way. Again, something out of the front desk's control.

-There were a few tiles loose in our hallway. Also a chunk of grout came right out of the floor in the kitchen area. Maybe it's not housekeeping's job to point these damages out to management...?

-There are two computers and a printer in the business center. I had my laptop so I really didn't have to us it except for our last night there. I needed to print out our boarding passes for our flights the next day. Both computers were occupied and I sat and waited for a good 45 minutes until I had to say something (not the hotel's fault, of course). Then I realized only one of the computers were able to print. The people using the computers were actually nice enough to jump off so I could get checked-in and printed but the one computer only being able to print was inconvenient.

-There were two washers and two dryers except only one washer worked. So imagine the fight and time wasted trying to get a turn to use the washer. I think I had to wait three days until I could get a chance to wash some clothes at one point. Good luck trying to get a turn on the weekends, almost impossible unless you sit in the laundry room for at least 45 minutes to save your turn. Another inconvenience and time waster for me.

It seems that this hotel has great amenities for the rate, but don't be fooled. There is very little attention to detail and the poor front desk staff are forced to deal with problems that can easily be prevented by management. Nikki at the front desk was so friendly and had great customer service skills, too bad she wasn't able to do much to help us out. We will be back in San Angelo again, but most likely NOT at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business