“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Wanted a nicer choice for celebrating our anniversary so we decided on the Wharf. It's been about twenty years since last there and not much has changed except the food. It was good but not great. For a more upscale choice I expected more for my money. The only great was Cream of Jalapeño soup. Grilled shrimp, calamari and dessert were just average. Glad I used the restroom after we ate. Smelled like urine which made me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen. Won't go back.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We have eaten her a number of times and it's always fresh and delicious. Our entire family is looking forward to dining here again.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

The entree we had, Shrimp for my wife, grilled Catfish for myself was prepared well and tasty. The sides were poorly prepared, over cooked and tasteless. The wine my wife had was a poor selection. She usually finds Pinot Grigio to be pretty good w/o ordering by brand.For a meal in this price range, $$$ we were disappointed.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Waited a long time to be seated even though we arrived as soon as the
doors opened. There was a group of 9 ahead of us to be seated but no
one else. It is not well lit inside which is probably the intended atmosphere.
I let the waitress know my knife was dirty, she took it but never replaced it.
We waited a long time for our food although again the group of 9 ordered
before us. I ordered one pound of the King Crab ($32.00!) that was good
but ran out of dipping butter and the waitress never asked if I wanted more.
Also ordered the $10 shrimp cocktail appetizer that was just "Ok". The shrimp
were not that big and a little tough. Husband ordered steak that he said was
"Ok" but not the best and didn't finish it. Overall it was an average steak and
seafood restaurant that I could take or leave. If given the choice between The Wharf
and Red Lobster, I would choose Red Lobster. It inside temperature was not
very cool either in the August summer heat.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

One stop on a delightful business trip to San Angelo. The food was very good, thought the sauce overwhelmed the shrimp app I had. Highly recommend.