“Presentation of meal was poor.”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #20 of 250 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The entree we had, Shrimp for my wife, grilled Catfish for myself was prepared well and tasty. The sides were poorly prepared, over cooked and tasteless. The wine my wife had was a poor selection. She usually finds Pinot Grigio to be pretty good w/o ordering by brand.For a meal in this price range, $$$ we were disappointed.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Waited a long time to be seated even though we arrived as soon as the
doors opened. There was a group of 9 ahead of us to be seated but no
one else. It is not well lit inside which is probably the intended atmosphere.
I let the waitress know my knife was dirty, she took it but never replaced it.
We waited a long time for our food although again the group of 9 ordered
before us. I ordered one pound of the King Crab ($32.00!) that was good
but ran out of dipping butter and the waitress never asked if I wanted more.
Also ordered the $10 shrimp cocktail appetizer that was just "Ok". The shrimp
were not that big and a little tough. Husband ordered steak that he said was
"Ok" but not the best and didn't finish it. Overall it was an average steak and
seafood restaurant that I could take or leave. If given the choice between The Wharf
and Red Lobster, I would choose Red Lobster. It inside temperature was not
very cool either in the August summer heat.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

One stop on a delightful business trip to San Angelo. The food was very good, thought the sauce overwhelmed the shrimp app I had. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

It was delious I sure will come back when I say no pink I mean no pink very happy will come back again

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My wife and brother-in-law loved the Cream of Jalapeno soup while I was partial to the Clam Chowder. Each was unique and quite tasty. The Cream of Jalapeno must be their own recipe as I have never seen it before. Unique taste with a kick. The Cajun Rice was quite tasty and was not just another bland serving of rice by any means. I enjoyed the catfish filets while my brother-in-law had the Crawfish Etouffe. My sister-in-law had the Shrimp Scampi and my wife had the Coconut Shrimp. Each of us enjoyed our meals and were delighted with presentation and the flavor. This is definitely a must repeat place to go. The restaurant is small enough so there is not a lot of noise so to provide an intimate atmosphere. A full bar allows for lots of available drinks. And be sure to end the meal with their Key Lime pie. It like the restaurant hit the spot.

Been to The Wharf? Share your experiences!