“Date night”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Quite and very intimate location. The decor is like being on the ocean pier. Reasonable prices (mid to high). We always go on a Friday night with out waiting. You have got to try either the Prime Roast or the Prime Rib and if you are up too it try their Turtle Pie.

1  Thank KENT P

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Cooked to perfection and always willing to come up with things that are not even on the menu! This place serves dinner and serves it right! The food is awesome, the bar drinks are good and the staff is excellent!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We thought it was supposed to be seafood, but 90% of the menu was beef. The menus were filthy. When we got our food, we discovered that our scallops were raw inside. We were afraid to eat them, so we informed the waiter about it. He told us he spoke to the owner about it and they would remove it from our bill. The owner never came over to our table to speak to us, and the waiter did not remove it from the bill.
Now it's my husband's turn: Upon entering, the smell of carbon dioxide burned our throats. I immediately informed the hostess that there was something dangerously wrong with the HVAC system. She smiled and and said "it always smells like that". We were seated and waited on by the head waiter: Shawn, who was accompanied by a server in training. I inquired about a dozen oysters and he looked at me like I could not afford them. I am sure it was because I was the only one in the building with long hair. As we went over the menu with him inquiring about the SEAFOOD, we were repeatedly told "Sorry it's not on the menu, it's on a chalkboard in the kitchen". I don't know about yall, but I generally don't go to the kitchen before I order. You could tell that mine and my wife's questions were making him angry. When we asked him what WAS written on the chalfboard in the kitchen, we were answered in a very sarcastic manner. The waitress in training was as shocked as we were. We finally settled for a simple grilled red fish & scallops. To my dismay, he questioned my order as though I could not afford it. It must have been the hair confusing him. We then inquired for a wine list. His answer was: "What do you want?" I asked for Kendaall Jackson by name. His answer was: "I'll check on it." When my order of oysters on the half shell finally arrived, I received 1 oyster fork. Shawn told me "Use your dinner fork." Now the entree: As my wife said, scallops were raw in the center, which makes me wonder if the health dept. inspects this establishment. Like Shawn said, he informed the owner who I would imagine would be concerned about a guest's meal, much less a health hazard, or his reputation. I would feel his honor would force him to our table to clear the matter up or and apology, neither of which presented itself to our table. I cannot help to feel that I was lied to. We finished our wine, which I do not think was the wine that I had ordered because it was too bitter. We discussed the matter to give them one last chance to correct this fiasco of an evening and try the key lime pie that Shawn personally suggested was excellent. Upon its arrival, we were given 2 spoons. When I asked him: "Could I have 2 forks please?" His answer was short and to the point. His reply was "You eat that with a spoon!" By now I had had enough. Against my wife's wishes, I replied to him: "I'm a big boy now... I want a fork." He promptly got me one and only one fork leaving my wife with a spoon. Again, he said how fantastic the pie would be. Upon the first bite, my wife and I looked at each other with astonishment. This - - - - is frozen! Below even Sshwanns quality standards. It had no flavor. Maybe Kroger was closed. We didn't even take 2 bites each. We had had enough. Being an honerable Texan, and proud of it, I doubled the normal tip. The bill was $105.00, and I gave him $150.00 so that he would never forget. God help that poor girl in training. Shawn must have this job by family relation only. P.S. For decent seafood & excellent service that you can count on, see Allison at Red Lobster around the corner. Tell her "long hair sent you" She will remember. Now our credentials: My wife has 13 years in sales, marketing for a food distributor and by law carries the food handlers license of Texas. I am Chief Engineer & Inspector over 15 billion dollars of commercial real estate, including 23 seafood restaurants, which we visit quite often. I pity anyone that loses their way and finds themselves here with Shawn as their waiter. My God have mercy on their soul. I will stand behind this review as the truth. You may reach me at my email: samuelmcglynn@yahoo.com.

4  Thank samuelmcglynn
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Very attentive and informed staff make The Wharf one of our favorite places to eat in town. When something does go wrong, everyone on hand does whatever it takes to make it right.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

This is a place that can be for families or a romantic place. The better place in town for fresh fish & seafood.