All reviews the holiday inn cracker barrel cinnamon rolls the breakfast area saltgrass steakhouse the main highway rudy's bbq front desk clerk parking lot great room next morning stayed one night mini fridge king bed first floor road noise a great stay
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is very nice, staff is friendly, rooms clean . Breakfast is OK . I love the coffee makers in the rooms - that use the pods. My only complaint is the traffic noise if you get put on the hi way side.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Roger S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

My apologies for the noise you experienced. We working on a solution for those rooms. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel had the worst bathroom I've ever seen. There was black mold, hair and gunk under mat in tub. The caulking around the tub was almost off. There was something black smeared on the floor and mold in the grout. The wall looked like someone was patching a hole. The water was freezing cold or burning hot, nothing in between. I will never stay there again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Roger S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

My sincere apologies for the the inconvenience you experienced Please let us know how we can make it right for you.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I had booked this hotel for a much needed girl's weekend and specifically picked this hotel for the hot tub and pool. Unfortunately, when we arrived we learned the pool and hot tub were completely drained and the hotel was under renovations. I had booked the room through the 800 number and felt I should have been notified of the renovations/construction and that the pool/hot tub were not in working order - I wasn't. So, I hoped the newly renovated room would make up for it... No. This is one of the most sparse, unappealing, and cold renovations I have ever seen. The room is a decent size and fits a pull out couch but the "kitchenette" area was horrible and there was not a table or chairs in the room. How the heck was this going to accommodate 5 women? Once the rest of my group arrived, we decided to go to the front desk to voice our concerns and unhappiness. They canceled the room without charging any fees then one of the women at the front desk told us that we were not going to be able to find a room anywhere else because everyone was booked. It was a horrible experience and Holiday Inn Express is always my go-to when I travel. I am very disappointed in this facility. On a positive note, we found another room - no problems - right down the street with a great room, a clean pool/hot tub, and super friendly staff!

Stayed: May 2018
Roger S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I will investigate why no one informed you about our renovation, as central reservation is informed and it states on our web page. Again my sincere apologies and I hope you will give us another chance when our renovation is over. Thank you

Reviewed 25 April 2018

One night stay while visiting a local theater group play. Front desk arrival was very pleasant. Our room was decent, but maybe a bit outdated. Looked like they were beginning remodel on first floor. If you stay, get a room away from the highway and especially the dumpsters which apparently are in the same lot as other adjoining establishments and are very noisy being emptied starting at 4am or so.
We left some things in the room at departure and called to see about getting them back. Again, front desk was very helpful and found them but said they couldn't ship for us. OK, we'd pay, no problem, but had to arrange with the GM. 3 calls, always 'checking the pool' or 'not available' so we left messages. Never got a return call. So we finally found someone in the area we knew to drive out there, get the things and ship to us.

Room Tip: Away from Highway and dumpsters
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Roger S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I will follow up who took the call. Of course we can ship left items if the guest is filling out a Credit Card Authorization form and send it to us with the shipping address.

Again my sincere apologies

Reviewed 17 April 2018

As an employee of IHG, I really enjoyed my time here. I left the sad and gross Candlewood down the road after one night there to come to this property. Yes there were renovations going on, but I'm used to that and I enjoy one of the new rooms that were completed. Very spacious and very relaxing.

Location was great and very ideal. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. I'm glad I chose to stay here.

If I am ever back in the area, I will come back to see their finished product.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Roger S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We will like to have you back after our renovation is done.
All the best,