See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The staff were friendly. The breakfast was a bit simple, but well stocked. The location was nice. That said, they really need to do some updating, like replacing the terribly stained carpets in guest rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Door was troublesome, as it would not close correctly, do the lock was not recognizing the key card. The smoke detector needed a battery, as it would sporadically go off. Breakfast was ok, but no proteins available, mostly all bread! The hotel room was muggy (humid) and the air freshners were old and should be replaced. This is an older property, and in need of a few cosmetic updates.

Room Tip: Remote control back kept coming off.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This hotel is a no frill location. I could complain about some small tedious things, but I will save you the time. The hotel is ok. Nothing to stop me from staying again and nothing that was over the top.

The hotel room is ok. Hardwood floors keep the sand from being shared with the guest before you. The AC unit worked. The coffee maker was ok. Shower handle was a little odd but had hot water. Microwave and refrigerator all worked.

The bed was clean and soft. The edges were a little worn down on the mattress. Once thing I can say is that the night staff was awesome.

Pool to play in. Breakfast. My family used this hotel just to grab some sleep after the beach. We had no major complaints. If you're looking for a quick, lower priced, clean room this is a great place to rest for the night.

The beach is across the highway. No private pier for the hotel guests. The parking at the beach is $5 for a daily pass or $20 for a yearly pass.

Room Tip: Choose the back rooms. Quieter area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pabrown210432
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Checked in Saturday and was warned that the power was out. A/C still worked so I was ok. Was told by the manager Savan that if the light wasn't ok within 15-20 mins the night would be free, so I agreed. They didn't charge me since they were unsure of the light status and didn't know how much to charge. Was told to go back the next day. Which I did and was told to wait till Monday morning to speak to the manager. Mind you the light didn't come back on in 15-20 minutes. An hour and a half later no light. Then Sunday night no power again due to storm. This time no light no A/C. Then at 1am we get woken by someone pounding at our door! We ignored the first knock thinking someone was at the wrong room. But it didn't stop. Mind you it's 3 girls in a hotel room scared because we don't know who is at the door. So I call the front office to come check and little did I know that it was the DAMN MANAGER SAVAN!!! He wanted to discuss payment. At 1 AM!!! I was beyond livid. He was trying to charge the full amount because according to him the light was back on in 15-20 which it wasn't. I have videos of an hour later and still no light. So he argued the price with me for about 10 MINUTES AT 1 AM! We settled on waiting till the morning to discuss the charges. Wake up Monday morning and I have a total 3 attempted CHARGES! For 3 different amounts!!! He didn't honor his word and did as he pleased. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Rockport2016, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Rockport / Fulton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Hi Miss Villareal,
It was a pleasure talking to you about this matter. We will continue to be sure that these issues do not arise again.
I will contact you in private.
Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We went for Easter and upon checking into our room we noticed the walls and even ceilings were filthy. Beds were hard but it's all that was available that weekend so we stayed.
We were out all evening saturday and but the time we got back it was late. Was putting my 2 yr old down for bed and noticed some little bugs crawling on the pillows. They looked harmless so I swept them off and didn't see anymore. The next day I brought my kids some breakfast and we got ready to leave for the day. Got back around 5pm and was putting my 2 yr old down for a nap and noticed the bed swarming with bugs. Called the owner in and he pointed out the entertainment center was crawling with bugs and then blamed a small muffin that was on the shelf for all the bugs even though his housekeeping staff had already "cleaned" but claimed they never saw the bugs etc. He moved us to a new room, immediately we started checking and saw bugs crawling on the walls, brownish yellow stains on the towels (hardened too so i don't know if they were washed) and the bed sheets. Our phone in the room didn't even work (it was plugged in) and was sticky and dusty so we couldn't call to the front.
Got the owner to check our room and he said he would refund us that night only since we would have to leave do to overbooking. Come to find out my mother's room had bugs in the towels also.
The owner claimed his staff cleans and notifies him if even one bug is found yet he couldn't explain the "New" room he gave us being so filthy.
Got in touch with the corporate business and they reached out to I'm about refunding the full weekend. His acct mngr. Claims the refund was processed 2 weeks ago and it would take 5-7 days to go into my account. I called Tuesday the 25th (the 7th business day) and she told me it was processed so it would be in by friday. I called today (friday) and she was very rude and said it was processed on their end on the 26th (a day after I called so she lied the first time) so she doesn't know why it isn't refunded yet. She was very very rude!
It is not my fault that their hotel is a filthy bug infested mess. Before them both being rude (the owner as Well) she should be embarassed to have presented hotel rooms to guests that are ill maintained.
n
NEVER staying here again!
I have videos of all the bugs in the rooms but it won't let me add (only photos) but trust me, it was terrible...bugs every where.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family