All reviews waffles pizza place across the street room was clean would stay here again heated pool within walking distance fresh fruit the breakfast area hot breakfast excellent stay golf cart nice pool convenience store free breakfast great place to stay staff was very friendly and helpful enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This our favorite place to stay on Port A. It's close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. The staff is always helpful and they have one of the best breakfast we have found. The pool is large and very clean.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed 3 nights here on our vacation and we were pleased. It rained the whole time we were there so we did not get to swim in the pool or do too much, but our room was very nice. We had a king size room that had a kitchenette in it - full size fridge, small cook top and a microwave, sink and dishwasher too. The bed was very comfy and the room was very large. We could hear our neighbors and their tv, we could really here them if they were in the bathroom and talking. The staff there was great - when we checked in they even provided a map and marked which restaurants were open and which ones they recommended. Check in was quick and so was check out. Breakfast was good but was the same each day. The waffles are amazing - I miss them. hahaha We will stay here again if we go back to the coast for vacation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a really great place to stay. Because of Hurricane Harvey, many hotels and condos are still being restored in this area, but this one has already been fully renovated. It's like brand new! There was originally some confusion with our reservation but Tiffanie at the front desk made it right. She was delightful ... so friendly. She helped direct us to good restaurants and answered our many questions about the area. The front desk was staffed 24/7. The free breakfast was a plus because the restaurants in Port A are expensive. Kathy, the breakfast room attendant, always made sure everything was clean and well stocked and even made waffles for us. Food selection was amazing. Coffee and juices were available free around the clock.The location is great, being only a couple blocks from the beach. Wi-fi worked great. And the TV got a large range of channels. We were there for a week and stayed in a King Suite, very clean with a really comfy mattress. Suites have no tub but large shower that we loved. Suites also have full-size refrigerator, dish washer, range, dishes, and cookware, which is helpful because restaurants there are expensive. Hint: Buy groceries from Dollar General as IGA is very expensive. Thank you, Best Western Port A for providing such comfortable accommodations. We will be returning!!

Room Tip: No elevator so if climbing stairs with luggage is a problem, ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently wrote a negative review about our stay at the Best Western the way housekeeping was cleaning of the floors, Tami reached out to me and we discussed the issue and what she could do , she has met with her housekeeping staff twice so far and Tami is making the changes that have changed my views on the hotel.
We have stayed the 5 years and will be back because of the leadership and commitment Tami has shown in the past and going forward. Tami I will be back every year and will bring my family and tell my employees and my friends to stay with you and Best Western in Port Aransas, Texas .
I hope everyone will stay at this hotel as you will not be disappointed, and I hope Ownership is so proud of Tami and her staff. David A. Fralic

Room Tip: Meet the Manager and her staff as they are wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We were drawn to this rental due to its closeness to the beach as well as the high reviews; no one was wrong. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. They suffered from the hurricane as well but you could not tell. The hot breakfast was very satisfying and offered a wide variety of foods. I would definitely consider another visit.

Stayed: August 2018