“Good food, Great service”

Fins Grill and Icehouse
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 19 February 2012

A little expensive, but most places in Port A are. The most impressive part was how incredible nice the people were there. Food of course was good.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

From the outside, we thought it might be a local dining place instead of the many tourist-trap restaurants in the area. We were wrong - the menu is overpriced, the food is average, and the service was very poor. Our server, a young man wearing a baseball cap on backwards, acted like it was his first day on the job, and we only saw him when we ordered and when the food was delivered. We had to shout to the hostess twice to get our check so that we could leave. The fool was horribly overpriced - eight small fried shrimp, fries, coleslaw for $17. You get better service, ambiance, and reasonably priced food at Long John Silvers.

2  Thank Meanderman01
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Horrible. Located right by the ferry landing on the island. Ate there with my family and every plate was bad from my sons hamburger to my fish. Extreme disappointment.

1  Thank Brxrwn
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This place is noisy, over-priced, and the food can't even be considered average. We went there for dinner with friends and could barely talk to them over the noise. I ordered the fried oyster platter and for $16.99 I had far more fried batter than I did oysters. I think the chef has figured out a new scam in which he simply fries batter balls with no oysters in them. The half a dozen oysters I did have were very small and tasteless. My wife's stuffed fish was dry and bland and the same complaint was made by one of our friends about his. We'll never both to go back

2  Thank docj9000
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I ordered the bacon cheeseburger ($10) because the fish and chicken dishes were even more severely overpriced at $24 each. I have to say it was one of the worst burgers I have had in a restaurant. So overcooked that it was crumbling into large chunks and falling out of the bun as I tried to eat it, and the fries were lukewarm and hard, obviously not freshly made. My husband said the grilled chicken was good but it should have been for the $24 they charged him for a portion smaller than your average filet minon. We will never again eat at fins. Very dissatisfied with the whole experience..

2  Thank Purrfectoo